Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Passenger

Default Fury Catamaran

Has anyone been on the Fury catamaran in Key West?
I was wondering what kind of refreshments are included on this tour(Beer, mixed drinks)?
Any other comments are welcomed about this excursion.

[Holiday '86 & Holiday '92; Caribe '90; Imagination '95; Seaward '97; Sensation '99; Fascination (Millennium Cruise) '00; Carnival Triumph '01; Carnival Pride '02; Paradise '03 (Smoke Free); Carnival Glory '04 (+3 extra Hurricane Days) & Carnival Glory '05; Inspiration '05; Carnival Mirical '06; Elation '06; Carnival Spirit (HAWAII) '07; Imagination '08; Glory '09; Carnival Freedom '10 & '12; Carnival Fantsey '10 & '11 & '11: NEXT Carnival Breeze 6/13]
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Like I have said over and over the last several days. THIS WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY CRUISE!!!!

You will board the catamaran and they will snap your photo. You will want to make sure you are there about 20+ minutes before boarding because it will get filled up so you want to get a good seat on the thing.

I do suggest taking your own mask, snorkel, and fins. Theirs are not all that great.

Unlimited drinks - soda, beer and margaritas on the boat and at the private beach.

They take you out for the ride on the boat a good ways, stop at the snorkeling area for the snorkeling piece about 45 minutes, (them taking pictures again). Then you board back on the boat and to the private beach.

Let me warn you now - The cheeseburger and pasta salad is 9.00. So either pack a sandwich and water if you want that for the beach party time. They have all kinds of water toys - Blow up iceberg (rock climb) and slide down on the other side, trampoline, kayak, and two different types of rafts.

It was such a beautiful beach.

The do have other things you can do - Horseback riding and jet skis which do cost extra but I am not sure you would really have enough time to do that as you are at the beach for an hour.

The pictures that they took their cost work like this - One for 12.00; Two for 11.00; Three for 30.00. I had only 20.00 with me so I bought the first one - actually for 10.00 then went back up and negotiated for the second picture for 10.00. They did not have any $1 bills for change so when I bought the first picture he gave me $10 back.

I must add - the picture quality was VERY good. The girl taking them did an excellent job.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old August 28th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Passenger

Default Fury at Key West?

CruiseNOID-

Was this at Key West or Cozumel?

[Holiday '86 & Holiday '92; Caribe '90; Imagination '95; Seaward '97; Sensation '99; Fascination (Millennium Cruise) '00; Carnival Triumph '01; Carnival Pride '02; Paradise '03 (Smoke Free); Carnival Glory '04 (+3 extra Hurricane Days) & Carnival Glory '05; Inspiration '05; Carnival Mirical '06; Elation '06; Carnival Spirit (HAWAII) '07; Imagination '08; Glory '09; Carnival Freedom '10 & '12; Carnival Fantsey '10 & '11 & '11: NEXT Carnival Breeze 6/13]
Old August 28th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Sounds like Cozumel to me....I do know that the Fury Catamaran excursion from Key West has received great reviews.
Old August 28th, 2008, 11:15 AM
First Mate

It's probably Cozumel. We had a blast on it. Do it. Very cool.