CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Port of Tampa (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/354854-port-tampa.html)

Lola127 August 15th, 2008 02:23 PM

Port of Tampa

Hi everyone!

I'll be cruising out of Tampa on the Carnival Inspiration 8/25-8/30. This is my first time cruising out of Tampa and on Carnival (only one Royal Caribbean cruise before this), and was wondering if anyone had information about the port.

What is the earliest time to arrive, and is there food, etc. offered on the ship as soon as you get on?

Does anyone know how much cab fare is from the cruise port to the airport? Can you just call for a cab once you get off the ship or should arrangements be made in advance?

Thanks!

dina August 15th, 2008 03:39 PM

We got to port around 11. They just started boarding. Its a nice lounge while you wait. There will be food on the Lido deck when you board.

I'm not sure about how much cab fare is from the port straight to the airport but there will be cabs lined up waiting to take you where you want to go.

blueliner August 15th, 2008 06:49 PM

Re: Port of Tampa

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola127
Hi everyone!

I'll be cruising out of Tampa on the Carnival Inspiration 8/25-8/30. This is my first time cruising out of Tampa and on Carnival (only one Royal Caribbean cruise before this), and was wondering if anyone had information about the port.

What is the earliest time to arrive, and is there food, etc. offered on the ship as soon as you get on?

Does anyone know how much cab fare is from the cruise port to the airport? Can you just call for a cab once you get off the ship or should arrangements be made in advance?

Thanks!

You shouldn't arrive any earlier than 11am, or you might end up standing in line outside the entrance. When I was there earlier this August, they made everyone who arrived before they opened the doors at 11am line up outside in the heat until 11am.

Cab fare is a flat rate of $26 + tip between the airport and the downtown area each way. That's $26 per cab, not per person.

Lola127 August 15th, 2008 06:57 PM

Thanks guys! You're information was really helpful... 10 more days!!!

skymaster August 15th, 2008 08:32 PM

Hey Lola. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I'll see you aboard. We too sail on the "Inspiration" on the 25th. Come on down to karaoke and I'll probably be there singing, or look for the extinguished, ooops, make that distinguished silver haired gentleman, with a long pony tail, and a U.S.M.C. baseball cap, with lots and lots of Carnival pins on it. I'll also probably be in the passenger talent show, so I'll be looking for you.

Ken
"SkyMaster"

P.S. I think you got all your questions answered. We generally try to get to port about 1130 or so, and that works out GREAT. You'll love the port of Tampa. Easy embarkation, easy debarkation.

ragtiki2005 August 16th, 2008 04:10 AM

The passenger talent show is one of the highlights of the cruise. Not to be missed! Bob

CROOOOZIN August 16th, 2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragtiki2005
The passenger talent show is one of the highlights of the cruise. Not to be missed! Bob

I will be sure to check it out. Thanks

CROOOOZIN August 16th, 2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Hi everyone!

I'll be cruising out of Tampa on the Carnival Inspiration 8/25-8/30.

I will make sure we leave her in good shape for you guys. We will be on her from the 21st to the 25th

skymaster August 16th, 2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CROOOOZIN
Quote:

Hi everyone!

I will make sure we leave her in good shape for you guys. We will be on her from the 21st to the 25th

Crooooozin, be sure to check out the beer for me, and make sure it's at the proper temperature. :D

Ken
"Sky"

night_nurse August 16th, 2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster
Quote:

Quote:

Hi everyone!

Crooooozin, be sure to check out the beer for me, and make sure it's at the proper temperature. :D

Ken
"Sky"

We sail out on the 21st on Inspiration and will be back on the 25th!!Dont Worry,we will try to leave it in good shape. Although I cant say there will be to many drinks left for you, lol :wink:

skymaster August 16th, 2008 07:01 PM

WOW Ashley,,,,Guess I'll have to "sneak" aboard all my own drinks! I didn't know you were on the sailing prior to us, or I'd have booked one week earlier. LOL Seriously, hope you have a GREAT time,,,I know you will as "Inspiration" is absolutely the best smaller ship, shorter cruise on the high seas. Maybe we'll see you standing on the curb as you leave the ship, and we're boarding.

Ken
"Sky"

CROOOOZIN August 16th, 2008 08:08 PM

Sky...There is only 6 people going on this cruise the week we are going. My family which is 4 and Night nurse and her hubby. Thats a bunch of booze for us to drink. Hope they have enough Jack Daniels 8)

night_nurse August 17th, 2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster
WOW Ashley,,,,Guess I'll have to "sneak" aboard all my own drinks! I didn't know you were on the sailing prior to us, or I'd have booked one week earlier. LOL Seriously, hope you have a GREAT time,,,I know you will as "Inspiration" is absolutely the best smaller ship, shorter cruise on the high seas. Maybe we'll see you standing on the curb as you leave the ship, and we're boarding.

Ken
"Sky"

Yeah, we would have all had a great time! It could have been a cruisemates reunion, lol. I will keep an eye out for you! Have a Great trip! Let us know how it goes!

night_nurse August 17th, 2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Sky...There is only 6 people going on this cruise the week we are going. My family which is 4 and Night nurse and her hubby. Thats a bunch of booze for us to drink. Hope they have enough Jack Daniels 8)

i can hear Margarita ville already on kareoke night, lol.

skymaster August 17th, 2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by night_nurse
Quote:

i can hear Margarita ville already on kareoke night, lol.

LOL You're right, that's an all time Karaoke favorite! I usually do more Sinatra songs, and some Country. Yes, I know,,,a strange mix, but that's what I love to sing. Maybe next year we can all do "Inspiration" or "Legend" together.

Ken
"Sky"

IrishLass August 17th, 2008 10:38 AM

Hey Ken, do Inspiration 25th April please, I love country and dont mind Sinatra either. Looking forward to the line dancing lol

skymaster August 17th, 2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishLass
Hey Ken, do Inspiration 25th April please, I love country and dont mind Sinatra either. Looking forward to the line dancing lol

Sounds like a plan! We've got "Triumph" booked for Feb. 1st, but might be able to work April 25th in. I'll take a hard look at that, as it'd be a blast to travel with a few more of my "Mates". GREAT FUN!

I'll let you know.

Ken
"Sky"