CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Mobile / NOLA Cruise News Ahead (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/354913-mobile-nola-cruise-news-ahead.html)

spoiled_diva August 16th, 2008 11:33 PM

Mobile / NOLA Cruise News Ahead

This article was just posted in the Mobile Press Register. After several years of speculation, I guess all will be revealed Monday.

http://www.al.com/news/press-registe...010.xml&coll=3

Copy/Paste the http link above.

Ainsley August 16th, 2008 11:41 PM

this makes me extremely happy. i hope that they just leave the fantasy here in mobile. and move the sensation to new orleans. idk i really can not wait until monday. good thing i get out of school at noon im going to coming straight home to watch the news :D

spoiled_diva August 16th, 2008 11:50 PM

I agree. I just am glad that the wait and speculation is almost over.

cherylroy August 17th, 2008 03:37 AM

Keep us informed - as I probably won't be watching the news. I depend on this board. LOL However as long as they keep a ship in N.O. I'll be happy!

Snoozeman August 17th, 2008 11:35 AM

I hope they do get a Fantasy class ship. Good for Mobile.

lhp August 17th, 2008 11:50 AM

Sensation is going through her drydock in January....I am guessing the Sensation will be going to Mobile.

Snoozeman August 17th, 2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhp
Sensation is going through her drydock in January....I am guessing the Sensation will be going to Mobile.

My guess as well.

lhp August 17th, 2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman
Quote:

Originally Posted by lhp

My guess as well.

Great minds think alike.

Now watch us both be wrong..... LOL

lhp August 17th, 2008 06:16 PM

Fantasy will be going to Mobile in the Fall of 2009.

so much for my guess about the Sensation.

:oops:

Snoozeman August 17th, 2008 06:46 PM

Has the announcement been leaked?

jetskier August 17th, 2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

John had it on his blog with a hint. That still leaves Mobile without a ship for 6-9 months as the Fantasy wont get there until the fall of 2009. Still a chance for the Sensation to fill in and then go to New Orleans.
Dave

Phil&Liz August 17th, 2008 07:55 PM

Is it "The" Fantasy or a Fantasy Class ship?

Phil & Liz

Snoozeman August 17th, 2008 08:04 PM

Good point Phil. Could still be Sensation

lhp August 17th, 2008 08:42 PM

Here is the exact quote... folks ..either way it is great news for Mobile and maybe some good news on Tuesday for New Orleans!!!

"I can’t tell you what it is ……..but I can give the proud people of Mobile, Alabama a clue. We love cruising out of Mobile and in the fall of 2009 your FANTASY of having a bigger ship…………will come true……….y’all.

Oh, and I have a feeling on Tuesday the people of New Orleans may be quite happy as well."

flowers August 17th, 2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetskier
Quote:

John had it on his blog with a hint. That still leaves Mobile without a ship for 6-9 months as the Fantasy wont get there until the fall of 2009. Still a chance for the Sensation to fill in and then go to New Orleans.
Dave

You are assuming that even though Carnival hasnt said when the Holiday will leave, that the Spanish paper's comments about when she arrives are true, they could have the date wrong.

rjalexie August 17th, 2008 10:58 PM

Received a call from my TA this evening with some of the details, Some of the rumors on the boards are correct about the FANTASY moving(not a Fantasy Class Ship) in November 2009 and you can guess where. According to my TA New Orleans will be very happy with what they get. She said the Agency is very happy with what they heard. I did promise her I would not leak it out on the cruising boards. So I'm not saying anything else until Tuesday as she asked me not to. Ricky

ragtiki2005 August 17th, 2008 11:35 PM

What are Carnival's plan for the Holiday? Are they selling it? Bob

mlschef August 18th, 2008 12:15 AM

Is it too much to hope for the Conquest back in Now Orleans? Or another conquest class?
Probably so, but I can still hope :D

spencercoop August 18th, 2008 12:30 AM

I am guessing that they will sell the Holiday, just like they did the Celebration. Also I think that the Glory will be going to NOLA becuase the Dream will be coming to Port Canaveral in December. Also John Heald said that the people in NOLA will be very happy, but why would they be happy with almost the same ship (Sensation). So I am guessing that they will have a larger ship in NOLA like the Glory.

Snoozeman August 18th, 2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlschef
Is it too much to hope for the Conquest back in Now Orleans? Or another conquest class?
Probably so, but I can still hope :D

Too much to hope.

cherylroy August 18th, 2008 12:57 AM

Larger ship?? Whats the chance of different ports of call than the usual jamaica, caymons and cozumel? Not that I mind these ------ would rather see a variety though on a 5 or 7 day cruise.

Ainsley August 18th, 2008 02:50 AM

ahh i so cannot wait until tomorrow!! i wish it was sooner than 2009 but i can definitely deal with the wait because its not like new orleans is that far away LOL thanks everyone for all the info!

venice August 18th, 2008 03:50 AM

well, maybe we will get the Triumph doing an alternating 7 day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean

as well as keeping a smaller Fantasy class ship on the 4 or 5 day run to the usual places

spoiled_diva August 18th, 2008 04:33 AM

We will find out later today what Carnival actually decided, but here is a thought:

For Mobile Port:
Good news would be …. The Fantasy
Great news would be ….. The Sensation

For New Orleans Port:
Good news would be …. The Triumph
Great news would be …. The Conquest

rjalexie August 18th, 2008 09:41 AM

All these posting would be great for either city. Here's what I was told from my TA would happen. One ship for Mobile, One Ship for NOLA, however they would both be a larger ship than both these ports have now. The big change about the Ship in NOLA will be the lengths of cruises and itinerary changes compared to what's there now. I guess that Carnival will let everyone know over the next 2 days. Rick

lhp August 18th, 2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragtiki2005
What are Carnival's plan for the Holiday? Are they selling it? Bob

The Holiday was sold to Iber (however you spell that Spanish Cruise Line) with the Celebration.

They simply took delivery of the Celebration first....since it had less work to be done on it.

It will be called the Grand Holiday!

Snoozeman August 18th, 2008 12:44 PM

Ok my prediction:

Mobile: Fantasy 4/5 day

NOLA: Triumph 7 day

rjalexie August 18th, 2008 01:20 PM

I'll go along with Snoozemans predictions except for a small change. Here's my predictions.

Mobile Fantasy 4/5 Days

NOLA Triumph 7/4/5 Days

Rick

cherylroy August 18th, 2008 03:31 PM

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!

Snoozeman August 18th, 2008 03:52 PM

7/5/4 would be better. They could book the 7 days at holidays and slower times. Book 4/5's during summer.