Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2008, 04:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Freedom/Miracle

We are debating which one to cruise on, but I forgot how much the specialty restarants are...anyone know??

Read and post cruise reviews

Booked :razz:
NCL Sun - November 2011
Disney Dream - December 2012 *Honeymoon*

Cruised
Monarch OTS - June 2010
Carnival Triumph - January 2010
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Inspiration - July 2006
NCL Star - April 2003
Carnival Sensation - April 1998
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2008, 04:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Location: On the Lido deck of any ship taking shots of Kamakazi's with Partyanimal & Co.

Most are 30.00 per person.

Old August 21st, 2008, 08:29 PM
First Mate

We were on both ships in Jan and they are Grrrrreat 8)
Old August 22nd, 2008, 01:20 AM
Admiral

I would choose the Freedom becuase I loved that ship and it is a lot newer.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old August 24th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Familiar Face

I like the itinerary for the Miracle, and I love the 8 day cruises. That one extra day is really nice, and the MIracle is a great ship.
Carnival Jubilee 88
Carnival Holiday 89
Sovereign of the Seas 91
Carnival Celebration 92
Big Red Boat 93
Explorer of the Seas 03
Carnival Victory 04
Carnival Legend 05
Jewel of the Seas 06
Carnival Triumph 06
Carnival Miracle 07
Carnival Victory 07
Carnival Miracle 08
Carnival Miracle 09
Carnival Liberty 10
Celebrity Reflection 14
Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisebunny7 View Post
We are debating which one to cruise on, but I forgot how much the specialty restarants are...anyone know??
30.00 per person
Old February 6th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Captain

Tough call!

In the last 3 months we have been on both.

Bigger (ship) is not always better. We appreciated what seemed to be a smaller crowd on Miaracle than Freedom, Liberty, and Valor in the past.

For how much smaller it is, IMHO, its really not that perceivable.

WRT music entertainment, again, torn. Greg Galleo was in the piano bar on Miracle when we cruised in November, and Music Motion was on Freedom when we cruises 3 weeks ago.

Good luck with your decision.

If you can't choose, just do both of them

Krunch
Eastern Caribbean - Dream (B2B) - November, 2013 (Our Wedding)
Mexician Riviera - Spirit - November, 2011
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Admiral

I too agree that it's a tough decision, as both have their good points. Ordinarily I'd say "Miracle", but because of the current Cruise Director aboard "Miracle", and his lack luster performance at arranging the entertainment, etc., I'd do "Freedom". Either ship would be great, but for a better overall cruise, "Freedom" would be my first choice.

"SKY"
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:40 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
I too agree that it's a tough decision, as both have their good points. Ordinarily I'd say "Miracle", but because of the current Cruise Director aboard "Miracle", and his lack luster performance at arranging the entertainment, etc., I'd do "Freedom". Either ship would be great, but for a better overall cruise, "Freedom" would be my first choice.

"SKY"
Yeah, I'm in debate over both of these ships as well, and have been reading the Miracle reviews. Miracle is cheaper tho. Obstructed balcony for basically the same price as an OV on Freedom. But on the flipside, Freedom has less sea days, so my desire for a balcony is reduced. And Freedom would get me back to St Thomas and San Juan. Ugh, decisions decisions. I already have all the time off from work that I need for either cruise the beginning of November, which makes the decision process even more difficult.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Captain

This is just my opinion, but here's a thought. I would over simplify it a little. Have you been on any other ship in the Conquest or Sprit classes?

If you have been only on one of those classes, I would choose the other just to switch up the familiarity of the deck plan itself. While the decor changes within the class of ship, the layout does not. That's just my opinion. Just another little bit to make the trip / vacation a little different.

My luck your response will be you have been on both class ships, or neither of these classes :P

* EDIT - If the cruises in your sig are the only ones you've been on, I guess you have been on neither class , making my suggestion no benefit to you whatsoever.

HOWEVER, how about this...

As a GENERAL satement I will say this...I found the Miracle (Sprit class) ship to be more cozy, less buzy, less crowded, than the cruises I've done on Valor, Liberty, and Freedom (Conquest class)

Krunch
Eastern Caribbean - Dream (B2B) - November, 2013 (Our Wedding)
Mexician Riviera - Spirit - November, 2011
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006

Last edited by krunch; February 9th, 2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: It's my post, I'll do what I want with it :P
Old February 10th, 2011, 04:10 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunch View Post
This is just my opinion, but here's a thought. I would over simplify it a little. Have you been on any other ship in the Conquest or Sprit classes?

If you have been only on one of those classes, I would choose the other just to switch up the familiarity of the deck plan itself. While the decor changes within the class of ship, the layout does not. That's just my opinion. Just another little bit to make the trip / vacation a little different.

My luck your response will be you have been on both class ships, or neither of these classes :P

* EDIT - If the cruises in your sig are the only ones you've been on, I guess you have been on neither class , making my suggestion no benefit to you whatsoever.

HOWEVER, how about this...

As a GENERAL satement I will say this...I found the Miracle (Sprit class) ship to be more cozy, less buzy, less crowded, than the cruises I've done on Valor, Liberty, and Freedom (Conquest class)

Krunch
Costa Atlantica is a Spirit class ship same as the Miracle. Just not a Carnival layout of the Spirit class.

I am kind of leaning towards the Freedom of late, just to see what a "larger" ship feels like. I had been looking at the Dream out of Canaveral for that week range as well, but I dunno. My TA friend isn't a fan of it, and considering how many cruises he goes on, I will listen to him. But I will also listen to my friend who is taking his first cruise in a couple months on Dream.

For the time I took off from work in Nov (I don't know why, but early Nov has become my big vacation time) I wish I could find the Imagination again. Had blast on her, but nothing shows for the Western Carib for that first Monday of November.

Of course I could go off and try a different line. NCL Sun sails in my window as well.

DCL Magic goes where I like, but I don't get access to discounts until about 45 days before sail date, which makes it hard to plan with someone to share the cabin.

Meh. Oh well, I'll figure it out soon enough. I need to buy a new laptop before I start looking hard core at cruise options. (Don't even ask me about hard hard it was to look for a laptop, and after that, you don't even want to think about what I am spending on the one I *finally* decided on :-p)

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.