CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Deck Songs (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/355323-carnival-deck-songs.html)

ustock58 August 26th, 2008 07:01 AM

Carnival Deck Songs

Hi,
Hope somebody can help me.

We have been on the Destiny leaving PR on july 6.
During the cruise they play a number of songs during the Upper deck events and it seemed that everybody (except me) knew these songs. Most passenges lined up on the deck and followed the instructions to move coming from these songs (like some kind of square dance)
Does anybody have a clue about the title and the singer of these songs?

One had something to do with "Funky", but I couldn´t find out so far.

Thanks in advance for your help.

SeaWench August 26th, 2008 10:58 AM

The Cha Cha slide is a big one. In the beginning of the song it goes "we're gonna get funky" then says " now clap clap clap clap your hands" Then goes "to right, to the left now cha cha real smooth" Turn it up"
LOL
I love that song

Floridanamaw August 26th, 2008 10:59 AM

Play that Funky Music. That's the "funky" one. I have that as my ring tone on my cell phone. That's the only one I can think of right now. Maybe I can remember some more in a while.

SeaWench August 26th, 2008 11:05 AM

The one he is talking about is a line dance though. It's called the Cha Cha slide and the artist is DJ Casper. There is also a real popular one called the Cupid Shuffle by Cupid. That song is the one that goes " down down do your thang and then goes to right to the right now walk it back. They play that on deck and in the club alot too.

Cruisebunny7 August 26th, 2008 11:38 AM

Don't forget the always popular YMCA, Macarena and of course....the ELECTRIC SLIDE!!!!

:) :) :) :)

Yea I got moves LOL

briguy August 26th, 2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruisebunny7
Don't forget the always popular YMCA, Macarena and of course....the ELECTRIC SLIDE!!!!

Yea I got moves LOL

I think they have retired the Macarena. People were jumping overboard to get away from that song and Carnival didnt want to lose repeat customers to Davy Jones locker...

jojob August 26th, 2008 08:55 PM

On our recent Elation cruise the waiters did the Macarena around the table and many cruisers joined in. We had an elderly lady and our table who got around the ship in a wheel chair. She got up and joined the line dance. It was so cute.

jojo

ustock58 August 27th, 2008 05:18 AM

Thanks to all of you for the quick help.

The Cha-Cha Slide was the one I was looking for, but I´ll also check out the others.

Seems we are a bit behind here in good old Germany :wink:

Cheers
for now.

BunkoBabe August 27th, 2008 06:52 AM

You are bringing back memories from my cruise in Aug. I have got to learn those dances for my next cruise.

ferrangi August 27th, 2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briguy
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruisebunny7

Yea I got moves LOL

I think they have retired the Macarena. People were jumping overboard to get away from that song and Carnival didnt want to lose repeat customers to Davy Jones locker...

Thank you, thank you. I hope you are right... I hate the macarena song, I always have.. :twisted: that and "Don't worry, be happy" I don't know why but those two songs drive me nuts... :shock:

And by the way, I've been on CM for over a year and looking up all the info I can and this is the first I heard of dance songs on deck... I'm glad it came up, because I love things like this.... :wink:

ferrangi August 27th, 2008 10:28 AM

Re: Carnival Deck Songs

Quote:

Originally Posted by ustock58
Hi,
Hope somebody can help me.

We have been on the Destiny leaving PR on july 6.
During the cruise they play a number of songs during the Upper deck events and it seemed that everybody (except me) knew these songs. Most passenges lined up on the deck and followed the instructions to move coming from these songs (like some kind of square dance)
Does anybody have a clue about the title and the singer of these songs?

One had something to do with "Funky", but I couldn´t find out so far.

Thanks in advance for your help.

What upper deck events are you referring to? Was it a 7 day cruise? I think we missed out on a lot on our 4 day cruise... it was our first one, so nothing to compare it too.
But I'm seeing a big menu difference and activity difference even the dining room hrs are different...
Anyway, what upper deck events are you referring to, so I can be on the look out... 8)

huffca August 27th, 2008 08:14 PM

Tammy think they are talking about parties they have on deck. Some have fiestas and when we went on the cruise that stopped in New Orleans with RS there was a Mardi Gras party on deck that night. People wore masks they bought in New Orleans that day and they tossed Mardi Gras beads from the uppper level of the Lido Deck. We had a great time.

nerd November 5th, 2012 01:41 PM

"cent 5 cent 10 cent dollar" is one of the funky songs :) hope it helped Soca Boys - ONE CENT , TEN CENT DOLLAR - YouTube