Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Passenger

Default fun things for key west

hello everyone.....would like to know if any one have any info on things to do in key west...please help me out. Going on 3rd cruise. Imagation. Its my 24 year annversary.....help me out....
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I'll be in key west on Halloween and we are looking at doing a scavenger hunt via electric car through http://shoretrips.com/common/search4...W&tcode=001042

If not interested in that, that website offers other options as well as you can check through the ship or other websites.

Also check out the excursions thread on this board
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old August 27th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Passenger

ty i will try that....
Old August 27th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Captain

When we were in Key West we took a tour that went to the Butterfly Conservatory and the Key West Aquarium. We love the Butterflies... but coming from the SF Bay area with the wonderful aquariums in the area we were a little disappointed with the Key West Aquarium. We love key lime pie so we found a place we saw on Food Network and we had Conch Fritters. Yum.
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old August 27th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Admiral

There is a walking tour called Trails of Margaritaville if you are so inclined. A walk down Duval Street or a trip on the Conch Train is always great, and if you are inport later on in the day the sunset appreciation doings at mallory Pier are worth it
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old August 27th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Passenger

ok .....thanks a lot......will try something.....
Old August 27th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Admiral

Bar hopping on Duval is a lot of fun. Great catching a good buzz in the morning. Bob
Old August 28th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Try the Conch Train for a nice tour of the island....go th Southernmost point..just 90,miles away from Cuba..have hubby buy you an anniversary gift in, Fast Buck Freddys..a great store that carries some lovely things!

Cutie...I was there once, for Halloween week....so I can imagine what Halloween day will be like...Lots of strret things going on...we had fun....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 28th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Tour Hemingway's house, Mel Fischer's Treasure Exhibit, Harry Truman's summer White House....go to Fort Zachary Taylor State Beach and swim and snorkel, they have lounge chairs to rent and a snack bar, picnic tables and restrooms (beautiful spot)...go to Margaritaville, Hogs Breath Saloon, Captain Tony's, Crabby Dicks, Sloppy Joes...the Blond Giraffe on Front and Simonton Street has the best key lime pie in the U.S.,...have breakfast at Pepe's on Caroline Street, the oldest eating house in the Keys established in 1909, great food and lots of atmosphere...walk across the street and enjoy a delicious fish sandwich at B.O.'s Fish Wagon...reserve a spot on the Fury catamaran and go snorkeling...
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Passenger

OOOOG TY THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT WE WILL DO......HEARD ABOUT THE KEY LIME PIE AND THE SLOPPY JOES......THANK YOU....
Old August 28th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Passenger

I forget the name of the tour but its basically a bar crawl. You get a free drink at each bar. The guide was great he stopped along the way of each and told you about the history of the places there. Very fun.
Fantasy July 2006
Liberty Nov. 2006
Liberty Sept. 2007
February 14, 2008 Sensation
Old August 28th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Passenger

Thank you i looked up their site and lots of things want to try...going to buye tickets from them...Ty for all the info....
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Beginner

I would suggest Capt Tonys for a drink. If you don't mind the embarassement, Irish Kevins is great. The cemetery is a great walking tour for an hour or so. In the evening there is the ghost tour and Mallory Square. Snorkling is good. Scuba is also good. I haven't been to the Butterfly musuem, I hear it's nice but simly not my cup of tea. The Truman tour and walk through the Annex is very relaxing. It is a good place not to take an organized tour.

Not much beach or shopping but the Duval crawl is great.
Old August 29th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do the pub craw, it was fun and very informative. Other then that just hang out at the square and do some shopping. You will have time to hop on the conch train also. Just kick back and enjoy yourself.
[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=11&year=2011&day=30&hour=16:00[img]Carnaval Freedom
Old August 30th, 2008, 02:29 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

pub crawl and do the ship parasailing.... my cocruisers in May got great pics and a great video and great eye candy!!!

Old August 30th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Passenger

Ty all i have looked on there site and found a lot of what you guys are saying ...We will be trying some of these things...wanted to do some shopping also...Dh wants to dive hes a great swimmer...think he will do that in cozmel.....ty all very much....