Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Legend

We are cruisng on the Carnival Legend in November. We're on the Verandah Deck close to the front of the boat. Should I be concerned about motion sickness or is that a pretty stable part of the boat? Motors are in the back, right? So it shouldn't be loud.
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Passenger

The deck is a good one because you are between two passenger decks. My experience is the further forward you are the more you feel the motion. We actually prefer the back (aft) of the ship, but I think the best place to be if motion is an issue for you is right in the middle of the ship.

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Victory 10/2000
Carnival Pride 6/2002
Carnival Pride 6/2003
Carnival Miracle 3/2005
RCI Mariner of the Seas 4/2006
Carnival Spirit Alaska 8/2006
Carnival Glory 4/2007
Carnival Glory 3/2008
Carnival Legend 4/2008

"SUN TANNED TOES TICKLIN THE SAND, COLD DRINK CHILLIN IN MY RIGHT HAND".....
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

j4along-

We usually book the front. One cruise we booked the back and did not enjoy all the noise. Have not noticed any real motion in the front.

Take good care of the Legend. We sail her in February 2009. Can't wait.

Will make a note to check back to see your review. Would love to hear all about her. This is our first cruise on this class ship.

Thanks and safe sailing.

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2/10
Carnival Legend 2/09
Carnival Victory 2/08
Carnival Liberty 7/07
Carnival Valor 4/06
Carnival Celebration 4/05
Carnival Sensation 4/04
Old August 29th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ainsley

I went on the Legend in 2006 and I LOVED it =)
We stayed on the 7th deck (not sure the name and too lazy to look ) we had a balcony cabin forward and it was so nice. The motion was not a problem and I get motion sick very easily. If you think its going to be a problem get a perscription for the seasick patches. The ship was a little complicated to navigate the first couple of days due to I wasnt use to the fact of the ship popping in and out alot the decks. The halls didnt seem as long though which was fun to walk down instead of staring down a never ending hallway. Have fun and remember to come back and post a review. =) Happy Cruising. 8)
Carnival Conquest-02.22.04
Carnival Conquest-02.06.05
Carnival Legend-3.25.06
Royal Caribbean Sovereign OTS-4.16.07
Carnival Fantasy 4.28.08
Carnival Fantasy 10.27.08
Norwegian Pearl 3.13.11
Carnival Elation 11.14.11

Future Cruises
Carnival Ecstasy 5.21.12
Old August 29th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Admiral

Ainsley, how is the hurricane preparation going for you and your family down there? I can't believe all of these storms out there. Bob
Old August 29th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ainsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtiki2005
Ainsley, how is the hurricane preparation going for you and your family down there? I can't believe all of these storms out there. Bob

Everything is going ok at the moment. My family and I have all the things we are going to need if we get a direct hit or just the east side of it like we did with katrina. Some of my neighbors are boarding up their windows over this weekend. Leaving this morning half of my street is actually already boarded up. Walmart and gas stations are insane. Gas went up 10-20 cents just overnight. There has already been reports of price gaulging(sp?) Hanna wont be that much of a big deal for us. Just gustav at the moment. But like every one else we have to wait to see where its going to go after it enters the gulf. So anticipation is building for alot of people. I will keep everyone posted on whats going on. Thanks for being so concerned. -Ainsley
Carnival Conquest-02.22.04
Carnival Conquest-02.06.05
Carnival Legend-3.25.06
Royal Caribbean Sovereign OTS-4.16.07
Carnival Fantasy 4.28.08
Carnival Fantasy 10.27.08
Norwegian Pearl 3.13.11
Carnival Elation 11.14.11

Future Cruises
Carnival Ecstasy 5.21.12
Old August 29th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Admiral

We're on the Legend Nov. 9th. Can't wait. This is my favorite class of Carnival ship. Hoping the hurricanes don't trash the ports too badly. More importantly, hope the people there get through it okay. Living in FLorida, a few blocks from the ocean, we worry about our house, but people in the islands don't have anywhere to go if one hits. Nor could most of them afford to go anywhere. However, a few years ago, we were advised to evacuate. Looked at the satellite image and started laughing. The hurricane covered the entire state of Florida and by the time they told us to get out, it was way to late to go. A car is the worst place to be in a bad storm. A cruise ship is the best place, because they can get out of the way. And they always err on the side of caution.
Marty's rambling again