Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2008, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave
Default Re: Let and let live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshLord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5

As for pot. Its illegal everywhere. I'd most definitly call security on that one. For gosh sakes, there are children on board. I dont care who you are, i'll bust you if i see you.
Live and let live.............. 8)
I love your attitude, Dave!

BTW, pot's not illegal in Amsterdam.
I think I know you from a past life....

"Some peeps like to eat, some like to smoke and some like to drink,
mind your own business is what I think"

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old October 1st, 2008, 10:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Let and let live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
I think I know you from a past life....
No, from this life, Dave!

What do you find more offensive, the aroma of a cigar or the stench of dirty diapers? CruiseQueen prefers the stench of dirty diapers, so I've renamed her DDQ, the Dirty Diaper Queen!
Old October 1st, 2008, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I like the aroma in the open air markets in Ocho Rios! This was my new Jamaican Friend last time I was there..... 8)

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old October 1st, 2008, 04:10 PM
Admiral

Can anyone say sensamelion! I do not think the spelling is correct but you have me on the floor laughing Dave. Bob By the way, that is a great pic.
Old October 1st, 2008, 05:06 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtiki2005
Can anyone say sensamelion! I do not think the spelling is correct but you have me on the floor laughing Dave. Bob By the way, that is a great pic.
Actually it is sin semilla which it Spanish for without seeds. Not that I would know but someone told me.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old October 4th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert
"The bad thing is that someone sitting nearby who perhaps does not recognize the smell could inhale enough to register on a test in a very short period of time. It could cost them their job."

No, that's not true. It's an old wive's tale and is just not possible. If it were true then every single person would get off after a positive drug test because they all use the "I was hanging out with other people who were smoking" defense. Diagnostic laboratory testing reports positive drug screens only when a threshold level is encountered. It is impossible to obtain this level with passive inhalation in a room with someone smoking MJ, let alone on the deck of a cruise ship. So RELAX.

2littletime - Thank you for being a human being and approaching your neighbors in a friendly manner. As they proved, just because we smoke cigars doesn't mean we're not nice people too. And kudos to them for sending over the wine. I would have done the same exact thing, and likewise, you would never again have smelled any smoke coming from my side.
Qwert, it is true that the second smoke from a joint can get itno your blood system and register as positive. Whenever my coworkers and I worked in an area where there was pot smoking being "enjoyed" and we were "tested" by the doctors soon afterwards, we had to report that we were in clubs or in concerts where there was pot being smoked. It DOES show up!

Been there! Did it!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old October 27th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Beginner

This has got me worried now. We're scheduled for a cruise on the Freedom in November and I am deathly allergic.....literally.....to smoke. Both cigarette and cigar smoke cause me to go into severe asthma attacks, including just being in a room where someone has smoked. I obviously should have researched before booking a cruise.
Old October 27th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by suennc
This has got me worried now. We're scheduled for a cruise on the Freedom in November and I am deathly allergic.....literally.....to smoke. Both cigarette and cigar smoke cause me to go into severe asthma attacks, including just being in a room where someone has smoked. I obviously should have researched before booking a cruise.
\

When you get on the ship you could politely knock on your neighbors door and ask if they smoke. If they do you could immediatly go down to the pursers desk and see if they have another cabin you could switch to.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old October 27th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

A NASTY Habit that is rude--period! It is offensive to me and while there are polite ones....there are rude ones that ruin it for all. Should be banned from the rooms period!