Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Passenger

Default 2 questions: Freeport, Bahamas and Supper Club

!st: What would you suggest to do in Freeport? We are definetly beach going people; and have never been to Freeport.

2nd: We are taking our kids and grandkids on a cruise in January. We are giving our kids a night out and I'm sure that I had seen where you could put in a reservation for the Supper Club on line, but for the life of me, I can not find it now. Does anyone know where I might do this?

Thanks again for everyones great input!!

Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Admiral

I haven't been to FreePort in many many years, so I can't help you there.
The supper club aboard "Glory" is very nice, and I'd guess you'd enjoy it. I'm in the minority because I think the food and service are just as good in the dining room (assuming that you get a good wait team) and I won't be spending the extra cash for it in the future, but most people say they feel it's well worth the money. I don't know about making the reservation before you sail, but would guess you can do it from the Carnival site. If not, it's very easy to book it as soon as you board the ship. No problem at all.
Have a GREAT cruise.

Ken
"SKY"
Old September 5th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Passenger

Sorry, Can't help out with the Bahamas, but I have done the supper club on Legend in 2006. We had no problem at all making those reservations for 8 people the day we boarded. Not sure if there is a place to do it on carnival website.

One thought* - depending on the age of your grandchildren, they may not find the supper club food as appealing as the dining room. I was glad that I tried it once but I will not do it again. The portions were unbelievably small and I felt it was not worth the extra money.

Happy Sailing!!!!
2008-Carnival Victory-NE/Canada
Old September 5th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Passenger

Thanks so much for the info love2kroos and skymaster. Doug and I won't spend the extra money for the supper club either...we think the dining room food and service is outstanding. What we are going to do is make reservations just for our son and daughter-in-law while we run herd on the grandkids and eat in the dining room; just trying to give them a romantic night out (The grandkids will be spending the entire day with us in St. Thomas and then the night). I'll make sure that I make the reservations as soon as we embark.

Thanks again!