Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Admiral

Default Carnival to Royal Caribbean Ship

Has anyone ever noticed how cramped the Monarch of the Seas class ships are comapred to the Carnival Triumph??? The Carnival Thriumph holds 14 more people, but is 27,568 tons more. That is a very bug difference. Can anyone tell me if the have been on the Monarch Class Ships and if you have are they very cramped?

Thank You!

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Passenger

I was on the Monarch of the Seas in 2005, up on deck it didn't seem too crowded, but in the main dining room it seemed very cramped. The ceilings were very low & the seating was very close together.
Old September 10th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Beginner

I sailed the Monarch of the Seas this past July and it was my first cruise. I don't have anything to compare it to but I thought it was fine. The room was a little small, I was in an Interior Stateroom on the 5th floor - but again I don't have anything to compare it against.

I really enjoyed myself and am going on the Triumph in February. What is your opinion of the Triumph? Have you posted a review anywhere? Any pictures of the staterooms?

Thanks.
Old September 10th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettie11
I sailed the Monarch of the Seas this past July and it was my first cruise. I don't have anything to compare it to but I thought it was fine. The room was a little small, I was in an Interior Stateroom on the 5th floor - but again I don't have anything to compare it against.

I really enjoyed myself and am going on the Triumph in February. What is your opinion of the Triumph? Have you posted a review anywhere? Any pictures of the staterooms?

Thanks.
I have never been on the Truimph, but I have been on the Freedom which is a bit bigger than the triumph. If you go to carnival.com and click on fun ships and then the Triumph you get get virtual tours. You can also get the deck plans. Also you can go to the search in cruise mates and search for carnival triumph and tons of infor should come out. Hope it helps. Please let me know if you need anymore help.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old September 15th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Captain

Oh my. I sailed the Monarch of the Sea. I knew that Carnival had larger cabins. However, until you experience another line... wow. I couldn't find a place to stowe my suitcase. On carnival I can either sore it under the bed or in the closet. We felt like we were always bumping into each other. And I realized on that cruise that I would never cruise unless on a balcony cablin again. However the food was very good. Just as good as Carnival.
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old September 16th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Familiar Face

We were on the Monarach of the Seas, for a Jan cruise and the ship was not crowded. We had an ocean view room, lifeboats in the view. When we did Norweigen Star, the room was bigger on the Star. On the Monarch we felt we had room and the food was very good. Eager to find how Carnival Valor will be. 5 days to sail
Wipala
Old September 16th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipala
We were on the Monarach of the Seas, for a Jan cruise and the ship was not crowded. We had an ocean view room, lifeboats in the view. When we did Norweigen Star, the room was bigger on the Star. On the Monarch we felt we had room and the food was very good. Eager to find how Carnival Valor will be. 5 days to sail
Wipala
Monarch of the Seas was very nice. It wasn't that the ship was crowded. But after only sailing on Carnival. The cablin felt crowded. However, they did a wonderful job of making use of all the space in the cabin. There were places that opened to stowe stuff away that I wouldn't have guessed were there. But it did make me appreciate the square footage that Carnival's cabins have.
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose