CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Sensation and Kennedy space center (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/356073-sensation-kennedy-space-center.html)

AKS1977 September 11th, 2008 01:37 AM

Sensation and Kennedy space center

Has anyone taken the Kennedy Space tour at the end of the cruise? we are considering it since we have been told that they will take us and our baggage to the airport as well...

ragtiki2005 September 11th, 2008 01:46 AM

I have taken the tour but not during a cruise stay. You will have a great time. Lots to see and do. Bob

CA Cruiser September 11th, 2008 04:24 AM

We really wanted to, signed up because my dad worked at Cape Canaveral in the 60's and we hadn't been there since the 80s but because there wasn't enough people signed up it was cancelled. We had to take the airport transfer instead. Go for it if you can, very educational.

Donna September 11th, 2008 06:35 AM

It is quite interesting, good way to spend a few hours, have fun.

green_rd September 11th, 2008 12:26 PM

Wave to my old office at the corner of NASA causeway and Range Road

Nothin but blue skies September 11th, 2008 12:40 PM

We didn't go with a Carnival tour, because we drove into Canaveral for 8/31/08 cruise. We did stop again at KSC after our cruise and really enjoyed it. If you don't get down to that area often, it is a must see.

If you go, spend about $20 and get your picture made in the photo center. You put several people in the picture and they pose each of you as if you are floating around in an anti-gravity atmosphere. We loved the picture we did last week.

We also did the simulator and it was great.

Irish September 11th, 2008 12:57 PM

I have always wanted to sit on my balcony on the Sensation and watch as a shuttle blast off. The last time we were on the Sensation there was nothing scheduled.

Irish 8)

Nothin but blue skies September 11th, 2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish
I have always wanted to sit on my balcony on the Sensation and watch as a shuttle blast off. The last time we were on the Sensation there was nothing scheduled.

Irish 8)

When we were there a week ago, they were rolling the shuttle out so we bought the up close tour package to see it and took some great photos.

We were told about a launch in October (10/17/08) of a Spy Satellite. They said you can go on-line about 30 days in advance and order free tickets, but that the tickets go very fast. A good link to their website to check schedules is
http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/ev...calendarId=358

AKS1977 September 12th, 2008 12:31 AM

Thanks for the info... I think we will take the tour. There is a launch scheduled for the 8th of October. That is our at sea day... we port on the 9th. Wonder if it can be seen from the ocean??? How cool would that be!

cruzaddict September 12th, 2008 01:07 AM

We have that excursion scheduled for our debarkation day on an RCI cruise coming up.

I sure hope it is not canceled - didn't even cross my mind as a possibility - if they take us straight to the airport it'll be a LONG day at the airport! Oh well, worse things could happen than that I suppose. :wink:

Looking forward to the VIP tour though!!!!!

Nothin but blue skies September 12th, 2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKS1977
Thanks for the info... I think we will take the tour. There is a launch scheduled for the 8th of October. That is our at sea day... we port on the 9th. Wonder if it can be seen from the ocean??? How cool would that be!

I would watch their website for the exact time of the launch and just position yourself on deck to watch for it. You might get lucky. We live on the Alabama Gulf Coast and my husband and son have seen them pass over our house before (I think it was on the re-entry).