Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Default yet another link to a CNN travel article..

Nice little article.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/trave...ist/index.html

BTW, I had to cancel my June 2009 cruise as my move in June (which caused me to have to cancel my June 2008 Fascination cruise) means higher rent and other living expenses (though it's a fantastic, cute little townhouse!) so I want to finish paying off my credit card debt and be able to pay cash for a cruise, so that means delaying my "solo" cruise until spring break 2010.

However, my son (15.5) and I are going to fly down to Florida for spring break 2009 to stay with my mom in Boynton Beach. So that will be a nice little trip! Free airfare, no hotel, I just pay to kennel my cat for 6 days. We'll do the Miami Seaquarium, Lion country Safari, things like that as well as go to the beach and my mom's clubhouse/pool. So that trip is only 5 months away.

Hope everyone's well and enjoying their cruises!

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Sounds like a very good plan you've got....seeing the way the economy is headed.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseNOID
Sounds like a very good plan you've got....seeing the way the economy is headed.
Yes, unfortunately, especially since I'm a single mom who had not won the lottery yet

Those of you who are married and/or living with someone and there are two full time incomes, and you are struggling, just imagine what it's like for a single parent with children. Yes, I get a little child support but it is still a struggle. I follow a very strict budget that outlined on a spreadsheet I refer to almost daily as bills come in and I have to make adjustments.

I pray I can go ahead with another cruise in 2010 but again, while I'm definitely hooked, it can't be a financial priority for me.