Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Beginner

Default ALCOHOL

Can you get kicked off the ship if you try to bring on alcohol?

What is the average price of a cocktail?
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Admiral

I believe they reserve the right to not let you board the ship, however, if they do anything I believe they just take your alcohol and you do not get it back.
As far as the drinks they range from about $5.00 and up, but It was my experience that the average drink was cover by our drink coupons which were worth $5.75 (incuding tip).

You can also call ahead and purchase a bottle of booze for your cabin, the average bottle was about $45.00.
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old September 24th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: ALCOHOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENEE ABSHERE
Can you get kicked off the ship if you try to bring on alcohol?

What is the average price of a cocktail?
If you are over 21 years old you can call Carnival's Bon Voyage Department and order a bottle of hard booze (Rum, Vodka, etc) to be delivered to your cabin. The cost is around $40 to $50 a bottle. 1-800-522-7648 during the following hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm, Eastern Time.Be sure to had your room number and reservation number handy. This has to be done before you board the ship. Once on board alcohol purchased at the gift shop will be held until the end of the voyage. If you are over 21 years old you can bring a bottle of wine or champagne per person. Drinks range between $4.95 and $6.95.

This is from the Carnival Cruise Line Ticket Contract:
http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_T..._contract.aspx
(f) Except as noted below, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on Carnival’s vessels for on board consumption. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room, or a $14 corkage fee per bottle if consumed in the Supper Club. All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne and excessive non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel’s gift shops or at a port of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old September 25th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

We just got off the miracle. I called the bon voyage dept a week before we went and ordered liquor and a soda card. I did see after my purchase on the message boards that folks were saying to also ask for a "bar setup" I asked employees about it while on our cruise and they had no idea what I meant by "bar setup" The pain in the rump part was not being able to get a can of soda, they always poured it off in a glass because of "sharing" Difficult to pour from one glass to another on a rocking ship If there is no such thing as a "bar setup" I would suggest taking along a 12pk of whatever mixer you want for your liquor, saves a lot of hassle. By the way, the bottle was in our cabin as soon as we boarded. Now that's service
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacewoman
We just got off the miracle. I called the bon voyage dept a week before we went and ordered liquor and a soda card. I did see after my purchase on the message boards that folks were saying to also ask for a "bar setup" I asked employees about it while on our cruise and they had no idea what I meant by "bar setup" The pain in the rump part was not being able to get a can of soda, they always poured it off in a glass because of "sharing" Difficult to pour from one glass to another on a rocking ship If there is no such thing as a "bar setup" I would suggest taking along a 12pk of whatever mixer you want for your liquor, saves a lot of hassle. By the way, the bottle was in our cabin as soon as we boarded. Now that's service
We took along a flask, ordered the soda then added a little of our room rum to it. The rum is great with the fruit punch also.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old September 25th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

We always take our own booze on board and not because we are cheap, we just enjoy having a bar in our own room and enjoy our drinks much more.

As long as you put the booze in your suitcase that you check in, you are fine. If you put it in your carry on, they will take it away.

If you are nervous, then just get water bottles and put the booze in them. The x-ray machine will just think it is regular bottles of water.

They will never refuse you boarding, just take it away. We always leave the booze out for the whole trip, they never have bothered us!

If you need to restock, when you are in Mexico, just buy the booze and pour it in a coke bottle (for dark booze, a sprite bottle for light booze and just carry it through or just put it in your pocket. The metal detector will not buzz since it is a plastic bottle!
Old September 25th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Bubble wrap it and put it in your suitcase. I've done it for 4 cruises!!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Freedom May 2010
Carnival Liberty January 2009
Carnival Freedom April 2008
Carnival Glory April 2007
Carnival Miracle March 2006
Carnival Glory April 2005
Old September 25th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Captain

we checked in our luggage at Miami once and right after they took it away we realized our rum bottle was still in our possession.. so instead of throwing it away or giving it to someone we decided to put it in our carry on .. we figured if they found it we would lose it but we would have lost it anyway since we flaked and forgot to check it.. as it turned out the bottle went thru the carry on xray and nobody blinked at it.. Im sure thats the exception but it did work for us at least that time..
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old September 25th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Captain

About the bar set up. I found that on ships with a fridge they had mixers in the fridge along with small bottles of booz and bottles of beer. But watch out expensive that way. Best to bring on your own soda & bottled water.
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose