Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Weight Restrictions?

Our family is getting ready to plan our very first cruise for sometime in the fall of 2009 but I've got some concerns that I"m hoping someone on this list can help me with??

I'm a large girl...5'2" 350lbs roughly.. give or take a pinch or two..lol.. and I love to sit out in the sun in our backyard.. I've eyed those wonderful lounge chairs on the ships in photos, and often wondered if one would support my weight? I'd hate to get on one, and break it.. how embarrassing that would be ..

What about the chairs in the diningrooms and lido deck buffets..can I request one that has no arms attached?

I'm hoping someone can help me out here..
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Captain

Default Re: Weight Restrictions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosiegirl
Our family is getting ready to plan our very first cruise for sometime in the fall of 2009 but I've got some concerns that I"m hoping someone on this list can help me with??

I'm a large girl...5'2" 350lbs roughly.. give or take a pinch or two..lol.. and I love to sit out in the sun in our backyard.. I've eyed those wonderful lounge chairs on the ships in photos, and often wondered if one would support my weight? I'd hate to get on one, and break it.. how embarrassing that would be ..

What about the chairs in the diningrooms and lido deck buffets..can I request one that has no arms attached?

I'm hoping someone can help me out here..
Hi Hi,
BBW myself. And right now about 300 have been 412. You will have a wonderful time. I recommend that you call your Travel Agent or Carnival and make request that you have an armless chair in the main dining room. If it is not their the first night just ask for it they will swap it out and it will be there every night for you.

In the Lido buffet they usually have a variety of seating options so you will be ok. I like the tables that have booth bench on one side and chairs on the other.

Deck chairs are very sturdy no problem. The only problem I seem to have is getting up off of it. But I'm usually with a friend who can lend me a hand.

Most public restrooms have handi cap accessable stalls. And the one in the cabin is usually at an angle. Also the shower is hand held which makes it so nice. Before my first cruise I was worried about the size of the bath room but have had no problems.

Hangers- the hanger are wood and my larger clothes can tend to slip off. Get a roll of Scotch double stick tape put a piece on each side of the hanger and it takes care of that.

Hope it helps you.

Carol
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Carol.. thank you so much for your reply.. I was worried about the bathroom too.. I've looked at some photos and I do like the ones where the toilet is on the angle.. I've seen some where it is squished between two walls.. I worry about getting one of those..

The tables that have benches on one side and chairs on the other side are my favs too..as long as the table is movable? that way I do then choose the bench and my husband the chairs.. we hope to find some tables like this on our cruise.
Old September 26th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Captain

You are welcome. They usually do not move or they are very ample. Sure you will be ok
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old September 26th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Admiral

The most tables but not all do not move on cruise ships. Becuase they dont want them moving during rough waves.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old September 26th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think you will be just fine. Cruise ships know that passengers come in all shapes and sizes. I am a BBW also. I am 5.5 and 230lbs. I had no problem on my last cruise. I shared an inside cabin with my best friend who my weigh 100lbs soaking wet and is 5 foot tall and I had NO issues. Even the single size bed was fine.

On my up comming cruise I will be alone and will have the bed put together and it will be mine all mine!!!!!

Old September 27th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

You will be fine - I used to weigh almost 300 pounds and am now down to 144! I had a gastric bypass and went on a cruise 3 weeks after I had the surgery! Talk about a difference! I think they should have given me a discount because I don't eat as much..lol. However, I can relate to BBW and am right there with you mentally. I didn't have a hard time on the chairs or lounges. You will be fine - they are sturdy and will accommodiate you so have fun - eat, drink, dance, soak up the rays and enjoy yourself!
Old September 28th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

I do appreciate everyones help..