Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Familiar Face

Default leaving in a week have a few last minute questions

Ok we are leaving in 8 day on the Triumph and have a few last minute questions.

1.We booked a guarantee room when will we know if we got upgraded.
2.Are the only documents we have to print out is the funpass?
3. we are getting etickets through our airline when do we get those and what do we have to bring to the airport.
4. Any last minute things that i should make sure i bring?
5.we are planning an excursion through carnival in miami what do they do with our luggage while we are on it and will they drop us off at the airport or take us back to the port?

As always thanks for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Captain

1. you cann check your status online and see if a cabin no. is listed but you may not know til you arrive at the pier.

2. yes, all you really need is your fun pass but I always take my final payment print out from CCL or your TA just in case.

3. your airline etickets should be in your email box pretty soon. Usually they come right after ticketing. You may want to check with the airline if you don't have them.

4. Dont forget your passport and another form of photo id.

5. If you are on a Carnival excursion they will have a method of dealing with your luggage. Don't sweat it.

6. Relax and enjoy
Old September 27th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: leaving in a week have a few last minute questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaj426
Ok we are leaving in 8 day on the Triumph and have a few last minute questions.

1.We booked a guarantee room when will we know if we got upgraded.
You should know by now. If you have not already done this, go to www.carnival.com, create an account for yourself, enter your booking number...this should show your cruise and cabin number. It is possible, tho rare, that you will not know until you check in for your cruise.
Quote:
2.Are the only documents we have to print out is the funpass?
No, on the website that shows your reservation find the screen with a button that says "View Documents", click on this and then print the file that opens. It has your Itinerary, contract and luggage tags.
Quote:
3. we are getting etickets through our airline when do we get those and what do we have to bring to the airport.
You already have your e-tickets...if you want something to carry to the airport, login to the airline site and look for 'online check-in' within 24 hours of your departure time. It will check you in and allow you to print your boarding passes. If you have bags to check you will have to do so at the ticket counter at the airport, if you have no bags you can proceed to security with your boarding passes and proper ID. If you will not have compute access within 24 hours of your departure time, just take your photo ID (passport, etc) to the ticket counter and they will check you in. If you booked your flights online, you can print the receipt that was generated at booking time, but it is not really necessary.
Quote:
4. Any last minute things that i should make sure i bring?
Make sure that you do not forget your passport or other acceptable ID, depending on where you are sailing. All of the Funpass and cruise docs that you print at home are not actually "required". They are a convenience for you and Carnival. If you show up without them, they can be cared for at check-in. If, however, you do not have a passport or birth certificate/drivers license, which are required, plan on some nice pictures of your ship as it sails off without you.
Quote:
5.we are planning an excursion through carnival in miami what do they do with our luggage while we are on it and will they drop us off at the airport or take us back to the port?
Call Carnival or your TA and ask this question.
Quote:

As always thanks for any advice!
[/quote]
Celebrity Horizon 2005 (Caribbean)
Sun Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2007 (Alaska)
Carnival Splendor 2008 (Mediterranean)

Old September 28th, 2008, 01:24 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

I always print my full document to take with me, not just the fun pass. I also print out our travel insurance documents and put one set in each suitcase.

Make sure your luggage is identified on the INSIDE and OUTSIDE!!!! A handy thing I did for making new friends, I created my own "business" cards so that I wouldn't have to find a scrap of paper to write on for new friends!! I did that on one scrap of paper and have lost the email address of someone I really wanted to keep in touch with so if anyone knows Dana from the dance group from Michigan on Liberty May 3rd, tell her to write me! I will be carrying a small notebook from now on!

Don't forget those colored tags that are the last item in your documentation. Print one copy of the luggage tags for each piece of luggage you have. Use those return labels that you get in the mail and stick them to the tag and fill in the balance of your information.

Did you put at least an outfit or two or three in each other's suitcases JUST IN CASE???

Batteries, electronics and anything else in a soft sided cooler to "carry on" and to double as your cooler if you beach it....

VERY IMPORTANT, ONLY BECAUSE I WAS VERY LUCKY LAST SPRING, PUT YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER, AND CABIN # ON ANY OF YOUR ELECTRONICS INCLUDING WALKIES AND CELL PHONES AND ESPECIALLY CAMERAS. I attended an onboard wedding and somehow didn't take my camera case (I had my camera) when I left the chapel and on the last day of the cruise, I was fortunate and it was at the purser's desk!!! What's so important about the case you might ask???? It had other sandisks in the case that were irreplaceable!!

Otherwise have a wonderful trip - back to back is a dream of mine!