Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Does Carnival have a weight limit for each bag like airlines

Does Carnival have a weight limit for each bag like airlines and a limit of bags. If so, what is the weight limit and how many bags can you take for free?
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Administrator
Admiral

No: Just be kind and make each bag light enough for the porters and stewards to be able to lift. A 100 lbs. bag would be too heavy for most people to lift.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Do you have luggage restrictions?

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more that 50 pounds and not exceed 16"h x 24"w x 30"length. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"w x 16"h. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags.

LARGE COOLERS RESTRICTION:
Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process and therefore large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Bag...barkation.aspx

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M
No: Just be kind and make each bag light enough for the porters and stewards to be able to lift. A 100 lbs. bag would be too heavy for most people to lift.

Take care,
Mike

Those luggage porters make big bucks in some of the bigger ports. I have heard some make 6 figure incomes, so if they have to lift a 100lb bag then oh well....just take care of him..
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old October 1st, 2008, 03:43 AM
Admiral

Dave the Wave's beer cooler is just the right size.
Old October 1st, 2008, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtiki2005
Actually, I measured my cooler this morning. I have used it as a carry on for the last several cruises. For the purpose of embarcation, it is not a cooler. It is a carry on for my docs, cameras, IPOD and speakers, tanning products, wallet, phone and chargers, ect.... it is 6" deep, 12" high and 18" wide. I don't anticipate a problem but if the give me one I have one of those plastic Royal Caribbean bags they have in the cabin to dump my stuff in. See how they like that!

After I get to the cabin and unpack, THEN it becomes a cooler!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:35 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtiki2005
Actually, I measured my cooler this morning. I have used it as a carry on for the last several cruises. For the purpose of embarcation, it is not a cooler. It is a carry on for my docs, cameras, IPOD and speakers, tanning products, wallet, phone and chargers, ect.... it is 6" deep, 12" high and 18" wide. I don't anticipate a problem but if the give me one I have one of those plastic Royal Caribbean bags they have in the cabin to dump my stuff in. See how they like that!

After I get to the cabin and unpack, THEN it becomes a cooler!!

Dave, how do you get that 18 pack of Bud Lite onboard? That sucker must weigh down your suitcase considerably, not to mention the room it takes!!
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

It is still under 50 pounds. I pack pretty light otherwise. 8)

Also, if they are telling you to be sure that each bag is locked, how can they search them? I think the dogs sniff for drugs and bombs but that is it.

From Carnival website....

Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage. Alternatively, curbside porters are available at the pier to take luggage to the vessel for delivery to your stateroom by shipboard personnel. Customary tip is $1 per bag. Please be sure each piece of luggage is locked and has a tag listing your name and stateroom number. Curbside porters are not employees of Carnival; therefore, if you experience any problems, please report them to porter management on site. Any luggage left at the pier will be forwarded at your expense. Claims for luggage loss or damage must be made in writing to the debarkation personnel prior to leaving the pier area.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old October 1st, 2008, 02:50 PM
Admiral

The landside porters may make big bucks, but the ones on the ship who are delivering it to your room do NOT make six figures!
Marty