Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Passenger

Default Hotels by Baytown cruise port

I'm sailing on the Conquest from the new Baytown port, does anyone know of any hotels in the area?
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Oh Baytown is in Houston. I have never cruised out of here so this is some website that lists hotels.
http://www.iexplore.com/hotels/Texas/Baytown
I would cross match with tripadvisor.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g5...as-Hotels.html
I hope that helps.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old October 2nd, 2008, 08:22 PM
First Mate

hondagirl,

The cruise terminal that you are referring to is the Bayport Cruise Terminal in Houston. I live about three miles from the terminal. However, the area around the terminal experienced a lot of damage from Hurricane Ike. I left the area about four days after the hurricane to go on a business/vacation trip with my husband. I found out we just got power back in our neighborhood late last week. We did okay--other than our neighbor's roof was in our pool! Right now we are in San Franciso and will be leaving on a 7-day cruise next week pn the Carnival Pride. I am anxious to get back home--I have heard that much of the area has tremendous damage. You might check the Bayport Cruise Terminal website to see if they have recommendations for hotels at this time. In Seabrook (you can also check the Seabrook, Texas website) we had Holiday Inn Express, La Qunita, Hampton Inn, etc. to name a few...however, I am not sure about the damage. Also, there is the city of Laporte which is nearby---but again, I heard they also received a lot of damage. I know there is a Holiday Inn Express, and others there, but I am just not sure of the damage. The Kemah Boardwalk om Kemah, Texas had a hotel, but it received a lot of damage. I hope this helps.
Ecstasy 12/12/09,Conquest 4/12/09, Conquest 4/19/09,Conquest 2/09, Pride 10/08, Ecstasy 1/08, Miracle 3/08, Miracle 4/08, Miracle 5/06, Conquest 12/08, Conquest 9/07, Conquest 4/07, Conquest 8/03, Destiny 5/05, Adv of Seas 5/05, Elation 12/04, Jubilee 4/03, Sensation 6/00, Celebration 5/93, Celebration 6/92,Holiday 5/92, Tropical 3/90, NCL--Windward, Skyward, Sunward
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:51 PM
Admiral

I have not cruised out a bayport, but I am guessing that some of the hotels are not open becuase of damage from the hurricane. You can always call Carnival and they will probably help you and they should have info on good hotels to stay at in the area.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Hondagirl, Some other options for locating hotels would be to check for hotels in LaPorte or Pasadena. I'm sorry I don't have any specific recommendations. Because of the number of people displaced due to storm damage, it may be difficult to locate rooms nearby. As you move away from the terminal, the next step would be to check hotel availability near Houston Hobby Airport or he Clear Lake/Webster area. It is approx 25 mies from the port and approx 30-35 min travel time.

I wish I could be of more help to you.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:57 PM
Admiral

Also if there are hotels open. A lot of people that were affected from the hurricane might be staying there. So it might be very hard to find a hotel room. So I recommend to book ASAP! If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old October 3rd, 2008, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Hotels by Baytown cruise port

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondagirl
I'm sailing on the Conquest from the new Baytown port, does anyone know of any hotels in the area?
Not sure when you are sailing. I would imagine that the more time that passes...the more options you will have as folks get the services back in their homes.

I would check Travelocity and several sites that lists all the options in surrounding areas.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old October 6th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Passenger

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.
Old October 8th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Beginner

I will tell you that being familiar with the area, I would focus my hotel search in Clear Lake, Seabrook or Kemah. These are the surrounding areas near the Bayport Terminal. A couple of people have mentioned Baytown which is not where the terminal is located nor is it close. If you look in Baytown you end up a little to far away. I've searched a little for a hotel in the area the night before we leave, but the prices are pretty high. I've all but decided we will just drive down the morning of our cruise. I was hoping to score a deal on hotwire.com, but all their deals are for hotels WAAAAY far away.

Here is the map for the Bayport Terminal on Google: LINK

Here is the information page for the Bayport Terminal: LINK

Hope this helps.
Old October 10th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Passenger

I would stay in a hotel close to Intercontinental, if that's where you're flying into. If you're taking the Carnival shuttle you have to pick in up at the airport so it would be easier. I'm not sure when your cruise date is but there is a chance that Galveston will be open around Nov 11, 2008. You'll have more restaurant choices etc...if you stay close to the airport. We changed our reservations from the San Luis to the Hilton North Houston for that reason(more than $100.00 a night difference which was a plus).