CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Holiday Sept. 27th - Oct. 2nd (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/356888-carnival-holiday-sept-27th-oct-2nd.html)

"P" October 2nd, 2008 08:16 PM

Carnival Holiday Sept. 27th - Oct. 2nd

Did anyone go on the Carnival Holiday cruise on Sept. 27th - Oct. 2nd to Progreso Mexico, and Cozumel? If so, how was your cruise?[/b]

spencercoop October 2nd, 2008 11:48 PM

Did you go on that cruise or were you just wondering who was on it. If you did please post a review on what you thought about the ship, ports, staff, etc. Also if you have pics that would be great too.

"P" October 3rd, 2008 12:06 AM

No, I didn't go on it. I was wondering if someone on here went on that cruise. Maybe they could give us a review.

funygirl October 7th, 2008 01:24 AM

now i am curious

i wasn't on that cruise but now i am curious. did something happen?

jetskier October 7th, 2008 01:31 AM

Re: now i am curious

Quote:

Originally Posted by funygirl
i wasn't on that cruise but now i am curious. did something happen?

I dont know about that week but the sailing before that there was a guy passed out on the pier in Cozumel with his shoes near his head at 5:25pm. The Holiday onboard time was 5:30. There were two Mexican security officers there telling the guy "Senor, you have to wake up".

Dave

bewitched October 7th, 2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

I dont know about that week but the sailing before that there was a guy passed out on the pier in Cozumel with his shoes near his head at 5:25pm. The Holiday onboard time was 5:30. There were two Mexican security officers there telling the guy "Senor, you have to wake up".

Dave
Dave,,
I was on the Holiday the cruise before you, we had someone flown off because of health issues. I do have pics of the ship, but I have not had time to get them uploaded.

Tab

fireba11 October 10th, 2008 12:03 PM

We are sailing on the Holiday dec 1st. How did you all like it?

camparnett October 18th, 2008 09:47 AM

Holiday Oct. 6

We just returned last Sat., but went to Cozumel and Calica. Everything went great on the boat for us, but our travel companions were in the back of the ship. On leaving any port or when the ship was moving slowly the whole room shook and rattled items on the desk and walls. They ended up being moved finally our fourth day. Saturday morning the breakfast items were limited because they had ran out. The ship was full and the wharf buffet was always packed and understaffed. It was also extremely warm in that area. We just opted to eat in the dining room.

All in all we had a great time and our port excursions we planned ourselves were great.

monkeythyme October 20th, 2008 09:57 AM

Re: Holiday Oct. 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by camparnett
We just returned last Sat., but went to Cozumel and Calica. Everything went great on the boat for us, but our travel companions were in the back of the ship. On leaving any port or when the ship was moving slowly the whole room shook and rattled items on the desk and walls. They ended up being moved finally our fourth day. Saturday morning the breakfast items were limited because they had ran out. The ship was full and the wharf buffet was always packed and understaffed. It was also extremely warm in that area. We just opted to eat in the dining room.

All in all we had a great time and our port excursions we planned ourselves were great.

We [party of 7] were on there, too. It was the third time on Holiday for DW and I, and we have always found the Wharf to be very warm. That is probably because both ends are open to the deck and most people use it for a passageway from the main pool area to the rear deck. That was one of the few Holiday design elements not carried forward to the Fantasy class, so Carnival must have noticed long ago.
I have no clue why the Wharf was so much more crowded than it was on our two previous cruises, but I also noticed a lot more children than usual for this time of year and learned from some fellow passengers that Alabama schools had adopted a "Fall Break" that we just stumbled onto. Maybe that was a factor [more line slow-downs waiting for burgers?]. We did a lot of fruit and cereal for breakfast, and found that the "taste of the nations" side of the buffet was usually lighter at lunch. The deli line had some good stuff, too.

monkeythyme October 20th, 2008 10:29 AM

Re: Holiday Oct. 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by camparnett

Something I forgot while typing my first reply:
Did you notice how little traffic there was on the elevators? DW's twin sister was with us, and she has a bum knee, so we used the lifts more than usual. They were far more available than on our two previous Holiday cruises.
Maybe it was because so many people spent the whole cruise at the buffet. LOL

n22t November 8th, 2008 09:45 AM

Holiday

We just got back from our fall break with the kids last month (Oct 11-16). Had a great time on board and in Progresso. Probably need to figure Cozumel out better next time. Rented a Jeep in Progresso and drove the family to Uxmal after a co-worker visited Chechen Itza and recommended against there.
Two drawbacks on the ship. Seemed like every port, something was wrong with the propulsion system. We were in U147 and the entire deck just shook in shallow waters, especially returning to Mobile. It was terrible! The other drawback sailing from Cozumel to Mobile was that we had 25kt cross winds causing the ship to list to the side I'm guessing 10-15 degrees. I thought that the pictures on the walls were bolted on, but found out differecntly when we found them all listed with the shipa and some falling off the walls. But the drawback in my opinion was that they emptied the pools and jacuzzis, so I couldn't spend any time with the kids as planned. Personnally I think that they could face the ship in to the wind to take care of some of that from a customer service stand point, but what do I know.
Almost all of the staff was great as expected. If I wanted entertainment on-board, I found two female staff members working starboard side by the buffett that seemed to be in an on-going argument from one morning to the next, but for the most part, all else as great. I would mention that this was only our second cruise ever. Maybe we got spoiled on Victory with Malcolm, but when getting to Cozumel and Progresso, I dind't really notice anyone announcing on the loud speaker that we had been cleared and you could get off the ship. So I spent a lot of time keeping the kids occupied only to look out on the pier to see the crowd walking off.
Have a good time!