Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default water slide on Triumph

Does anyone know what the height/weight restrictions for the water slide? Also I see the the entrance to the slide is all the way on the top of the ship but where do you end up when you reach the bottom?
Old October 7th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Admiral

You end up where the main pool is on the Lido deck. At least thats where you end up on the Conquest class ships and it should be the same for the Triumph too. The Triumph is just a mini version of a Conquest class ship. I have no idea what the height and weight restrictions are.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old October 8th, 2008, 11:45 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

I went on the slide on Triumph and it was nice. It didn't seem the same as liberty though. I'm not a big person and the slide has water running down it and is slippery but I'd say if you might be 350 lbs or over and on the shorter side, think about it. I suspect somewhere on Carnival's ship specs you might be able to find out the weight limit. The weight limit may be much higher than what I mentioned. Either way, they only allow one person on at a time and the next person can't come down the slide on the prior person is out of the water. You land in an oversized super duper extra long, extra deep bathtub that is parallel to the pool. There is usually a shower in that area too.

Old October 8th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Admiral

Yep just exactly like cruisecouple said it. That is right.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old October 9th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecouple
I went on the slide on Triumph and it was nice. It didn't seem the same as liberty though. I'm not a big person and the slide has water running down it and is slippery but I'd say if you might be 350 lbs or over and on the shorter side, think about it. I suspect somewhere on Carnival's ship specs you might be able to find out the weight limit. The weight limit may be much higher than what I mentioned. Either way, they only allow one person on at a time and the next person can't come down the slide on the prior person is out of the water. You land in an oversized super duper extra long, extra deep bathtub that is parallel to the pool. There is usually a shower in that area too.
I'm just trying to figure out where I should sit to keep an eye on them. Are there lounge chairs right there? Where are the stairs to climb this thing? I'm one of those rare parents who actually monitor their kids when they are swimming. It KILLS me when I see other kids not being supervised in the water!! :evil:
Old October 12th, 2008, 12:56 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

The water slides on the ships are supervised. They have someone monitoring the slides. As for the new waterpark slides, someone else needs to reply but I'm with you about the supervision thing. As for getting to the top where the big slides are, if the kids are very young, such as the other five set and inexperienced swimmers, I don't think they should use them. These slides are not for children who are not strong swimmers. They MUST be comfortable in water over their heads. Children will need to traverse the stairs going up to the beginning of the slide too. But if you want to see the expressions on their faces after their slide rides, you need to be at the bottom. If you're trying to get pictures at top and bottom, you'll need someone to help you unless there's a longer line that would give you time to get to the bottom. I don't think I've seen a misbehaved group waiting for their rides on any of my past five cruises.

Old October 13th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

There are lounge chairs right near the end of the slide. The slide ends into about 6 inches of water at the bottom.
The stairs to go up to the slide entrance are behind the deck chairs, it is a few flights up.
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002