Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2008, 11:12 AM
Passenger

Default Booking a Carnival Cruise through Vacations to Go.com

Has anyone booked a Carival cruise through Vacations to go.com? I noticed that some of the prices there are much cheaper that the Carnival website? What was your experience in booking through Vacations to go.com? Once the cruise is paid for, Do you still get the original Carnival documents through the mail?
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2008, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Part of the price difference you are seeing may be this VTG posts the absolute lowest 1A price. The Carnival site normally post the 4A price. To get the 1A price on the carnival site you have to dig deeper. On certain Carnival cruises VTG will offer additional discount info by email.
I do not use VTG for Carnival but have used them for my NCL cruises and been very pleased. All of the docs have been e-doc on those cruises. 8)
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old October 21st, 2008, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Yes and I received my doc's from Carnival. I only use them if they are absolutely confirmed lowest. BTW--you'll probably be considered in a group reservation with the good & bad that comes with that by booking through them.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old October 21st, 2008, 07:01 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Booking a Carnival Cruise through Vacations to Go.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by P
Has anyone booked a Carnival cruise through Vacations to go.com? I noticed that some of the prices there are much cheaper that the Carnival website? What was your experience in booking through Vacations to go.com? Once the cruise is paid for, Do you still get the original Carnival documents through the mail?
Any decent travel agent/agency should be able to give you a price lower than Carnival. They can discount "if" you contact them by phone or email.

VTG: Is a perfectly fine agency. I booked with them once, many years ago, and had no problems.

Just remember no one agent will "always" give you the lowest price, so it can be worthwhile to shop around.

Here is a link to an excellent article, and a follow up, that explains how pricing works.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ectoragent.cfm

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 21st, 2008, 11:29 PM
Admiral

As I always say - research research research ! You will find differences all the time between cruise line sites, mega sites, TA's from private agencies, etc. It's a smorgasbord out there !
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old October 22nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Captain

Iv used VTG three times and had a pretty good experience. They offered me a bottle of wine to book the last time which never showed up and they blamed the cruiseline.

One cruise I got a Princess cruise for about $7 less pp than what it showed on their site and someone on a RCL cruise said he got a last minute for $50 less pp, booking 2 days before the cruise. VTG called Carnival who said ok to his lower rate offer.

Iv never heard of any problems with them. They do post the rock bottom rates. My first cruise was Ecstasy and the oceanview they advertised was a 5A, I said ok and enjoyed the cruise, but now I know that Carnival shows a 6A price when they show OVs.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Research the lowest price possible, then call Carnival and they should match any price as long as you give them the website.
Old October 26th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Pattizoo

I have booked 3 cruises with VTG and have been very pleased.