Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2008, 09:49 PM
Beginner

Default christmas cruise question?

on december 21st my family and i wil be sailing on the carnival conquest over christmas. i have never sailed over the holidays let alone with my children. i wanted to know what is the atmosphere sailing at that time period and are there many children sailing at that time, and also how christmas is celebrated if it is. im trying to determine can i bring a few gifts for the children to open on christmas day and how to prepare sailing during that time period....thx in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2008, 10:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: christmas cruise qustion?

...there will be decorations
...a special meal
...special show
...if at all possible, a religious service
...champagne
...a visit from the "big guy". After the North Pole--he deserves some time in the Caribbean

[There should be lots of kids]
Old October 21st, 2008, 11:01 PM
First Mate

When we sailed on Christmas, there were lots of children. The ship will be decorated. I also remember them handing out free champagne. There is no problem with you bringing gifts for your family members. I even saw some people that brought in a little miniature Christmas tree...I guess they placed it on the coffee table. It is a nice time to cruise.
Ecstasy 12/12/09,Conquest 4/12/09, Conquest 4/19/09,Conquest 2/09, Pride 10/08, Ecstasy 1/08, Miracle 3/08, Miracle 4/08, Miracle 5/06, Conquest 12/08, Conquest 9/07, Conquest 4/07, Conquest 8/03, Destiny 5/05, Adv of Seas 5/05, Elation 12/04, Jubilee 4/03, Sensation 6/00, Celebration 5/93, Celebration 6/92,Holiday 5/92, Tropical 3/90, NCL--Windward, Skyward, Sunward
Old October 21st, 2008, 11:24 PM
Admiral

It is certainly different. I saw more than one family bring aboard a Christmas tree (artificial of course) to decorate their cabin. And yes - lots of kids !
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
Admiral

I remember one year Camp Carnival had a special Christmas show with all pax invited put on by all the kids on the big stage. It was quite good.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old October 22nd, 2008, 05:41 PM
Admiral

It should be very fun. Yea like everyone said there should be a lot of kids. Becuase everyone has school off, familes want to be together, etc.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old October 22nd, 2008, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Our first cruise ended Christmas day. Was kind of disappointing for us, a little too staged. A Vegas style show is just not my idea of the Christmas spirit.

Lots of kids because of the holiday break from school. Did see a lot of doors with decorations. I assume the theme followed inside. We exchanged gifts Christmas Eve after dinner. Of course the cruise itself was the main gift and enjoyed by the whole family.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old October 23rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
Beginner

thx to all for the reply..................i showed pictures of the ship to the children and they are very excited they even started there on count down calender my son is 5 and my baby girl is three this cruise is her birthday present/ all of our christmas present, she turns 4 the 20th of december......i think i might be a liitle more excited than them............
Old October 24th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Beginner

Christmas cruises are great (if you can afford them). The decorations are nice but not over the top and you can join in the holiday festivities or ignore the holiday. We did cruise one year that Christmas fell on a Sunday and they had a very nice service in the lounge early in the morning.
Old October 26th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Familiar Face

We were on the Conquest last year at Christmas and will be again this year. We have 2 small sons, ages 3 and 7 and they had a BLAST. Yes there are alot of children on the ship at that time. Lots of activities for them too. It wasn't over-run with children -- it was perfect for families. Of course you can bring gifts on board. We bought our boys some cruise ship toy stuff from the stores on board to hold them over until we got home and then they opened a few more gifts when we got back home after the cruise. They actually were more "into" the fact that they could play all day on the ship, go to the beaches, eat pizza and ice cream" vs. the gift part on the ship or after we returned home.

Our oldest son even got to sing a little solo during the Christmas show. There was turkey on the menu in the dining room for dinner. Santa made an appearance too. And the entire ship was tastefully decorated with holiday decorations.

Have a wonderful time. My boys continue to ask "are we going on another cruise at Christmas?" We just tell them "we're working on it". We plan on surprising them with the good news the night before we actually leave for the cruise.

Past Cruises:
CARNIVAL DREAM, 12-23-10
CARNIVAL GLORY, 07-04-09
CARNIVAL ECSTASY, 03-21-09
CARNIVAL CONQUEST, 12-21-08
CARNIVAL CONQUEST, 12-23-07
Old October 28th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Beginner

thx all once again for the sailing info over christmas my 3 and 5 year old are ready to go and so is mom and dad. the kids will have to wait until christmas, but as far as mom and dad were sailing nov 6 on the ecstasy............but still im more excited for the christmas cruise.......thx all......