Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old October 24th, 2008, 04:49 PM
mouche's Avatar
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 88
Default I NEED HELP!!!

I'm looking for a nice hotel near the port of Miami, prefer an ocean front hotel, we're flying into Miami one day before our ship sails. Thanks in advance.
__________________
Carnival Fascination March 2008
Carnival Destiny March 2009
Carnival Imagination June 2010
Carnival Destiny October 2010
Carnival Fantasy May 2011
Carnival Fantasy October 2011
Carnival Fascination January 2012
Carnival Breeze October 2013
Carnival Fantasy February 2014
Carnival Fantasy January 2015
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old October 24th, 2008, 05:21 PM
dina's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 7,431
Default

There are plenty of hotels. It just depends on how much you want to spend. Many people like to go to Bayside. Its a short cab ride from the port.
__________________
Carolin


Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.


Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old October 24th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,518
Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Bay side. It is not on the beach, but at the marina, where there are lots of good places to eat, and boat rides on Biscayne Bay.
__________________
Ecstasy 2005
Conquest 2005
Elation 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old October 28th, 2008, 03:36 PM
BobMiller's Avatar
Senior Member
First Mate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 465
Default

For good beach front hotels you are more likely to find what you want on South Beach or further north. South Beach begins at the inlet to the sea port and has a variety of choices from there all the way up to and beyond Ft Lauderdale.

We always fly in to Ft Lauderdale the day before and stay in a nice family resort about half way between in Sunny Isle. It’s an older place called Newport Beachside Resort. We usually pay in the area of $250 for an ocean view mini suite. Taxi ride about $35 to/from the sea port. There are, however, many nice places closer to the sea port.

It’s easier to find good deals on prices the further north from South Beach that you choose but a little research should get you what you want in or around the South Beach area. There are many older hotels mixed in with the newer luxury resorts so you can get into something nice without breaking the bank. Search Travelocity or Orbitz for South Beach to get an idea of what’s available then contact the hotel directly if you have questions. You can expand your search from there if you don’t find what you want. I’ve seen prices as low as $60 but be sure to read the reviews to make sure you know what you are getting.

What time of year is your cruise? Mid winter is a little too chilly for most to enjoy swimming so the prices are a bit lower. Forget March, with spring break the prices are too high. Get a nice marina view hotel downtown.
__________________


2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old October 28th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMiller
For good beach front hotels you are more likely to find what you want on South Beach or further north. South Beach begins at the inlet to the sea port and has a variety of choices from there all the way up to and beyond Ft Lauderdale.

We always fly in to Ft Lauderdale the day before and stay in a nice family resort about half way between in Sunny Isle. It’s an older place called Newport Beachside Resort. We usually pay in the area of $250 for an ocean view mini suite. Taxi ride about $35 to/from the sea port. There are, however, many nice places closer to the sea port.

It’s easier to find good deals on prices the further north from South Beach that you choose but a little research should get you what you want in or around the South Beach area. There are many older hotels mixed in with the newer luxury resorts so you can get into something nice without breaking the bank. Search Travelocity or Orbitz for South Beach to get an idea of what’s available then contact the hotel directly if you have questions. You can expand your search from there if you don’t find what you want. I’ve seen prices as low as $60 but be sure to read the reviews to make sure you know what you are getting.

What time of year is your cruise? Mid winter is a little too chilly for most to enjoy swimming so the prices are a bit lower. Forget March, with spring break the prices are too high. Get a nice marina view hotel downtown.
We are staying at the Newport Beachside Hotel in Feb. With a family of 5 for that time of year we were able to book a 2 bedroom cityview room for about $200.00. Any advice for us about the hotel and where to eat that is affordable? We've never been there and the website looks nice. Any info would be great!
__________________
[url=http://www.ucruiser.com/ticker/]
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old October 28th, 2008, 06:48 PM
BobMiller's Avatar
Senior Member
First Mate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmom

We are staying at the Newport Beachside Hotel in Feb. With a family of 5 for that time of year we were able to book a 2 bedroom cityview room for about $200.00. Any advice for us about the hotel and where to eat that is affordable? We've never been there and the website looks nice. Any info would be great!
Great! I think you will really enjoy your stay there. The beach is really nice and the water near the pier stays shallow for quite away out. There are a number of small fish in the area and you often see pelicans diving down into the water to feed.

Beach chairs and towel service is included in your hotel fee so be sure and take advantage. You don’t need shade from about mid afternoon on because part of the beach will be in the shadow of the highrise next door. The hotel itself is small so most of the beach has sun almost all day.

There is no self parking just like almost all the beach front hotels. I believe the valet is $10-$15 per day. We only stay on our way to or from a cruise so usually take a taxi. The entrance is a little odd since you enter the drive way on the north end and exit the drive way on the south. Opposite to the flow of traffic.

There are 2 restaurants inside the hotel, one is really pricy but good and more like a night club while the other is a bit lower in price and more casual. The best value is the Pool Bar where you can get good burgers, bar-b-q, and finger foods at a reasonable rate. The pier at the southern edge of the property has a restaurant that has pizza, seafood, burgers, and a lot more.

There is a strip mall across the street and about one half block north. We eat breakfast at the Einstein Brothers Bagels there. It also has a Chinese buffet that looks good but we haven’t tried it yet. There is a CVS pharmacy at the end of the mall that makes a good place to pick up sodas and snack foods or little things you forgot.

The rooms also usually have a flyer or two from delivery places that show up while you’re there. There are a number of really good places a short drive from the hotel. Many of them trendy with interesting ambiance.

The properties on both sides of the hotel are condos or timeshares so there isn’t much else really close
__________________


2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old November 1st, 2008, 02:07 PM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: maryland
Posts: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to goofyis
Default

Try Dorchester it is one block from beach. U can cut though there sister property to get to beach. 18th and Collins art deco
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:52 AM
mouche's Avatar
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 88
Default

Thanks everyone for your help, I did a little research, and since we are sailing in March during spring break, we decided to just go ahead and stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. And maybe go to the beach for part of the day. Would have loved to stay oceanfront before cruise but not during spring break . I hear they renovated this hotel in 2007, and I read some of the reviews mostly positive so I feel good about my choice.
__________________
Carnival Fascination March 2008
Carnival Destiny March 2009
Carnival Imagination June 2010
Carnival Destiny October 2010
Carnival Fantasy May 2011
Carnival Fantasy October 2011
Carnival Fascination January 2012
Carnival Breeze October 2013
Carnival Fantasy February 2014
Carnival Fantasy January 2015
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:59 AM
katlady's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On the lido deck with drink of the day
Posts: 13,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouche
Thanks everyone for your help, I did a little research, and since we are sailing in March during spring break, we decided to just go ahead and stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. And maybe go to the beach for part of the day. Would have loved to stay oceanfront before cruise but not during spring break . I hear they renovated this hotel in 2007, and I read some of the reviews mostly positive so I feel good about my choice.
Bubba Gumps is just across the street have a Long Island Ice Tea of me.
__________________
One part age; three parts liquor!

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:44 AM
CruiseNOID's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 1,341
Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID
Default

You will not be disappointed with the view and location of everything.
__________________
Amber








Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
beachside, default, newport, timeshare


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1