Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Price Drop--Check your bookings!

I happend to check the current price for my cruise today and saw that it had dropped from $501 to $456. So I called Carnival and asked if they would credit me the difference and they did. So I have saved $45 by doing nothing! I asked if the price dropped again would I be able lto call back and get another price reduction and she said yes!

Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Beginner

When I booked our Holiday cruise, it was 299 for first 2 passengers, and 149 for next three. Then it went down to 279 & 149 so i got a refund of 40.00 and didn't even have to call, they emaild me to let me know. Now it is down to 249, and I emailed to ask if I would be getting another refund, and they told me that I already had my room assignment, an to refund we would have to unassign the room, and they had just upgraded us from main deck to emporess deck. I am not sure if they are telling me the truth, or i should just leave well enough alone. This will be our first cruise.

Thanks
Old October 25th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Did you book directly with Carnival? If so then there should not be a problem. All I had to do was tell the lady who answerd the pricing difference, she verifyed it and credited me. I asked her if it dropped again would I still be able to get a reduction and she said yes.

If you did not book with Carnival, I am not sure what to do. I booked direct as I was not having any luck with TA's here.

Either way good luck and have a great time on your cruise. This will be my second and I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Old October 25th, 2008, 08:59 AM
First Mate

Nice Observation - I sail on Inspiration in just 2-weeks and see that the price went down from 1058 to 978 (per couple) some 80 bucks or 40 per person.

I'M CALLING TODAY!!

Old October 25th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Do you call your pvp or just customer service???

Old October 25th, 2008, 12:34 PM
First Mate

Just received an onboard credit of.............

Wait for it............

$160.00!!!!!

Old October 25th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Admiral

Shoto, that is great news about the onboard credit. It pays to watch the price of the cruise. Bob
Old October 25th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Admiral

I called Carnival and they said to speak to the TA. I did so and she said Carnival will NOT refund a difference after FINAL payment.

I would have saved 60 bucks.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old October 25th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewitched
Do you call your pvp or just customer service???
I called and just spoke to whom ever answered. The lady who booked my cruise was on vacation, so I just asked the one who took the call. Again I booked directly with Carnival.

ShotoJuku: Wow thats great! I will keep checking my cruise weekly just in case.

Old October 25th, 2008, 05:08 PM
First Mate

Just call Carnival directly and know your booking number.

Old October 25th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Admiral

That is great I will have to look at my cruise and see if the price went down.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old October 25th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Mehawk--I could have saved $54, but in the longrun I would have ended up paying $600+ more by paying it off now or in the next week or so....The Canadian dollar is low and when I paid it off it was around 97 cents, so I guess they will keep my $54.....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
I called Carnival and they said to speak to the TA. I did so and she said Carnival will NOT refund a difference after FINAL payment.

I would have saved 60 bucks.
If you book through carnival they will give you a refund after the final payment. I just received one and we sail in a week.......
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old October 26th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Admiral

Lou, I am glad you are getting it.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old October 26th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Captain

Generally, when you have made final payment you will get OBC not a refund. Either way you get money and thats the best thing. I am paying $739 for an 8E for 8 days which I think is a great deal. Of course add the fees and its not such a bargain. I check pricing every day.
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old October 26th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy
Generally, when you have made final payment you will get OBC not a refund. Either way you get money and thats the best thing. I am paying $739 for an 8E for 8 days which I think is a great deal. Of course add the fees and its not such a bargain. I check pricing every day.
Is it a good idea to check daily? I was just checking by chance. But if checking daily helps me save money then I am all for it!

Old October 27th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Admiral

Update... TA came through with an upgrade from an ocean view to a balcony... SWEET!

Old October 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
Update... TA came through with an upgrade from an ocean view to a balcony... SWEET!
Thats great!
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old October 27th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

I'm waiting right now to see if my TA can get an OBC - I pray she can! I'm a devote carnival sailor - and always book early! They need to give us some incentive to book early and get the savings! I don't think we should be penalized cuz we already paid off the trip. I hope she gets it for me! I'll let you know.
Old October 27th, 2008, 06:45 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the heads up tbowman! I just check and our Dec. $549 balcony has dropped to $499. I’ll be calling as soon as I get home. The original price I found it at was $599 and we though that was too good to pass up.

Carnival has lowered our prices after the finial payment before but one of the previous posters is correct, it’s in onboard credit instead of a refund. I’ll let you know how we our request turns out. We have a new vacation planner at Carnival so I’ll see if he’s as good as our previous one.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Old October 28th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Admiral

I HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL TA!!!!!!!!!! We leave next month ------ and I have a 385.00 on board credit!!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!!! That paid for all 3 of our gratuities plus more!!!!! Nope.....didn't book with carnival and final payment was done already. She is wonderful!!!!!!!!
Now......what do I do? Will it automatically show up when I log onto the TV screen to view my folio? Awesome!!!!
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Passenger

Thanks so much for posting this information....I checked Carnival's website and saw that our cruise had lowered its price too! I called the 800# and not only saved $100 per person, but also was upgraded from an 8B to 8H.

Now, my question is (if anyone happens to know)....now we're on the 8th floor, directly under the Lido Deck (Miracle)...........is this a good move or will it be noisy???? This cruise is for me and my mom, and we don't want a lot of noise....

Thanks in advance!!
Old October 29th, 2008, 11:02 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMiller
Thanks for the heads up tbowman! I just check and our Dec. $549 balcony has dropped to $499. I’ll be calling as soon as I get home. The original price I found it at was $599 and we though that was too good to pass up.

Carnival has lowered our prices after the finial payment before but one of the previous posters is correct, it’s in onboard credit instead of a refund. I’ll let you know how we our request turns out. We have a new vacation planner at Carnival so I’ll see if he’s as good as our previous one.
Our vacation planner got us $60 in onboard credit from the price change. Since we have paid the final payment he had to get supervisor approval but had no problem getting us the discount. It would have been more, but our original price included and upgrade to the empress deck and the price didn't fall there as much as it did for the guarantee price. We chose to stay on the empress deck and only get $60 instead of move down and getting $100.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
Old October 29th, 2008, 11:10 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinlbe
Thanks so much for posting this information....I checked Carnival's website and saw that our cruise had lowered its price too! I called the 800# and not only saved $100 per person, but also was upgraded from an 8B to 8H.

Now, my question is (if anyone happens to know)....now we're on the 8th floor, directly under the Lido Deck (Miracle)...........is this a good move or will it be noisy???? This cruise is for me and my mom, and we don't want a lot of noise....

Thanks in advance!!
We had the same thing happen on the Miracle and it didn’t work out so well. Our cabin 8141 was right below a metal stairway on the Lido deck and we could hear a lot of noise from that. Worse though was that the crew stored the deck chairs under those stairs at night so about midnight we would hear them stacking the chairs right above us and sliding the stacks under the stairs. Then at 5:00 they would slide the stacks out and begin setting up the chairs.

Most places should be fine, you can find your cabin on the Carnival deck plan and try to line it up with the Lido deck plan and see if there in anything annoying above you. Chances are you won’t have a problem. Since that time though when offered an upgrade we choose the Empress deck or any deck that has cabins above and below instead of public areas.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
Old October 29th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Guess I'm lucky!! And.....have a good TA! We booked a gty - upgraded to the Veranda deck and got a 385.00 on board credit. They gave us the credit after the room was already set. Now, they may change the room?? Doubt it, but doesn't matter.
Old October 29th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Passenger

I booked with Vacations to Go and they dropped my price easily, just a simple request. They said if it drops more, they'll issue onboard credit. Nice.[/b]
Old October 29th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Passenger

BobMiller....thank you for your imput....
I was really worried about being on the deck right below the Lido deck.
We had checked the Lido deck floor plan, and our cabin is directly below enclosed seating areas...the area by the pizza.

I'm still thinking I might call back and see if the room on the 7th floor is available....my gut feeling says to go with the 7th floor, but I just don't know what to do.

I've only been on one cruise before - the Legend - this past summer...we were on the 5th deck - Upper Deck...and heard absolutely nothing from anywhere around us...it was heavenly...

My mom and I plan to probably spend time in our room and our balcony quite a bit...
thought???
Old October 31st, 2008, 11:37 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

We called our TA last night, and got $50.00 back on our credit card per cabin, and an additional $126.00 OBC per person!

We are very excited.
:o

8) all packed and ready to go.
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:14 PM
First Mate

Robin,

You won't have any extra noise on your balcony from the Lido deck and there shouldn't be much noise inside from the area you are under. Maybe some chair sliding during the day but I wouldn't expect it to be bad.

Any deck is fine as long as you avoid some obvious areas like the kitchen, disco, piano bars, show room, and engine room. The staircase took us by surprise so I wanted to point that location out specifically.

I think you will enjoy the location you're in or the 7th deck equally as well. At least you're in a great spot to pop up the stairs and grab some ice cream to eat on your balcony

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
Old October 31st, 2008, 02:43 PM
Familiar Face

The price of our cruise dropped 50.00 per person so I called and they said they would give me the 100.00 OBC but I would lose the room that they put me in and be put back in the guarantee, no big deal because I was in room 1223 anyways not that great at all. A few days later I checked on the status of my cruise and they put me in room 7429!! WOW it's on the empress deck still an interior room and it’s aft but hey I'll take it! Now here’s hoping they give me back the fuel supplement.

P.S. Price of room before tax 299.00 per person cat 4D full week western Caribbean cruise 4 ports, , total including air, all taxes and fees, transportation to and from air port, and cruise 710.00 per person.