Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2008, 11:39 PM
Captain

Default Enterprise Rent-a-Car Miami

When we get off Liberty in about 11 days, we have a renatl car booked with Enterprise located at 1840 WEST AVE in Miami beach. Now, I think we disembark at 8am? Well, car rental place doesn't open til 9am. Does anyone know if enterprise has a shuttle going to this location? Or can we maybe drag our feet getting of the ship and time a pickup better? I assume they can come right to the dock and pick us up? Any info / suggestions appreciated.

Krunch
Eastern Caribbean - Dream (B2B) - November, 2013 (Our Wedding)
Mexician Riviera - Spirit - November, 2011
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2008, 02:07 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

What are you doing post-cruise? Staying in that area? Otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time fighting for a rental car and would call "go" shuttles or someplace else. We rented a car post-Triumph last October and it wasn't worth the time that we wasted going from the port to the rental car company, waiting for the car, doing a quick alligator trip, getting the car back to the airport and heading on the plane. If Liberty is anything like Destiny was a couple of weeks ago, people were self-debarking by just after 7am. Customs has become very efficient in Miami.

The alternative is to weigh the options, see what the cost of a rental car is for a week and if it's just a few dollars, take the weekly rental, leave it at the terminal (very convenient) and your car is there if you want to self debark! Do some quick homework and you might save yourself a lot of aggravation.

Old November 4th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Captain

In 2006 we reserved a car rental from dollar car rental and had 0 issues and it was fast. Jumped their shuttle to airport, got the rental, and off to Disney World in Orlando for 4 days. Then left rental in Orlando and flew back home from there.

The rental is already reserved. I chose Enterprise because they say, "We'll pick you up" well, IMHO there's value in that vs a cab ride.

When we get off Liberty, we are renting a car, likely hanging out at South Beach all day in Miami, then staying at a hotel near the airport (couldn't get one in homestead, all booked). Next day driving to Homestead for the last NASCAR race of the chase! Back to Miami for that night, next morning driving to Orlando to see Universal Studios for a day or 2, then flying home from Orlando.

I have this all figured out, and reserved. I just need to know, if we can drag our feet through the disembarkment process until a little after 9, then call Enterprise to "Pick us up" or if anyone knows if there is a shuttle (like other car rental places have at port) that would be going to the South Beach Enterprise location. I had to choose this location as it was the closest to the port, that would allow me to rent a vehicle that I was returning to another location in Orlando.

Krunch
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Hertz will pick you up and take you over to their downtown location to do the rental. They were very speedy and timely. We called them when we got into port that morning and there was already a van on it's way to pick us all up (we actually didn't have to call we were told). We then turned the car in at the FLL airport. So smooth and so fast it was almost unbelievable. So do the self debark, catch the shuttle van, and you are on your way.

Also check out this site for discounts for everything. www.retailmenot.com I saved a lot for the hotel stays and rental car.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Drag your feet as much as you want. You don't have to disembark until they kick you off if you don't want to. Believe me... I know. HAHAHA

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Captain

Hello again Carolin! Haven't spoken to you I think in 2 years since our last cruise!

Well, just called Enterprise in Miami, and The "We'll pick you up" doesn't apply at that location. They gave me some jargon about they are not allowed at the ports. I know otherwise as I seen dozens of car rental shuttles from different brands there 2 years ago. Enterprise actually suggested I take a cab to their office, about $20 they expected (to South Beach) Oh well, live and learn. It's probably just too tight on time now to change and switch to a different rental place. We fly out of here on Thursday morning. We already selected a hotel in Orlando really close to the enterprise location where we are dropping off, really close to Universal Studios where we plan to spend another day or two. Switching car rentals this late in teh game is too complex to find another rental agency close to this hotel, or potentially change hotels again, so I guess we'll just live with it this time around. Oh well.

Krunch
Old November 4th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Admiral

Hopefully, it won't cost you too much to get from point A to point B. WOW!! Two years already. Time does fly. 11 days on board. SWEET!! I know you'll have a great time.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Captain

11 days onboard?

I don't have the Enterprise prices in front of me right now, but looking into dollar rental. They have a shuttle from cruise port to their location. Just need to get the drop off up in Orlando to be close to the hotel, or I just end up moving the cab ride to the end of the car rental instead. Unless I find some savings in the rental price.

Krunch