CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   cabins aft. deck advice (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/358190-cabins-aft-deck-advice.html)

arie November 10th, 2008 03:31 PM

cabins aft. deck advice

we have three cabin's on the after deck on carnival miracle we think its ok. till i read something about a complain of afterdecks cabin who habe had a aft. deck and can tell me a lttle bit.

we have three connected cabins can we make 1 large balcony.

thank you all for a answer me. or take time too read tthis.

reverendjeff November 10th, 2008 05:27 PM

My brother-in-law just had an aft balcony on the Conquest this summer. The pros, he says are you do not have other people smoke, you have a great view of the wake, and a little more privacy. The cons? Well, you do not have as much air flow which is bad in the heat of the summer. Some say that there is more movement in the aft and forward cabins, but I have never had too many problems with it. The other upside is that you are below the Lido and can sneak up on a quich bite with ease.
I personally would love to have an aft balcony.

spencercoop November 10th, 2008 06:21 PM

I think you have less privacy with an aft cabin becuase it goes at a slant. So the people above just can look down and see you. Also you can look into the other persons balcony next to you easier. The ones on the sides of the ship everyone is right over each other so if you look down all you see is water.

Luanne Russo November 10th, 2008 07:29 PM

I have not had one yet, but know that many would kill for one. :D

washijoh November 11th, 2008 03:17 PM

We sailed on the Glory in Aug 2005 and had an aft cabin for our 7 day eastern cruise. I can't think of any negatives about this cabin location. I think that you will enjoy it and our cabin had a deeper balcony and it was very private.

CruiseNOID November 12th, 2008 10:04 AM

We had an aft oceanview cabin and I would do it again in a heart beat. Didn't have much movement from what I was preparing for from all the comments I read.

honeybear197430 November 23rd, 2008 01:36 PM

Hubby and I had an aft cabin on the Conquest, and we loved it...we loved it so much we have the same cabin booked for March 1st 2009 and my folks are booked right next door in their first balcony cabin. :D

arie November 24th, 2008 03:06 PM

thank you all.

can we make a large balcony and have the cabin's also connected doors

Zingy December 4th, 2008 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
I have not had one yet, but know that many would kill for one. :D

We will have our first aft wrap around balcony suite on our next cruise...cannot wait to get there. Have already seen pictures of it and it looks awesome. Will be going into the witness protection program until we cruise....not gonna say when or what vessel we will be on....cause Luanne might send someone out to "snuff" us and get our cabin...LOL (just kidding Luanne) :wink:

Luanne Russo December 4th, 2008 08:03 AM

Is this about the time the theme from the Godfather is played? LOL

skymaster December 4th, 2008 08:28 AM

Yeah,,,,,yeah,,,,,yeah,,,,I want that cabin,,,,,,maybe I'll make him an offer he can't refuse! :evil: Uncle Vito owes me a favor......

Ken
"SKY"