Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Passenger

Default Advice on booking a cruise

Will be booking a cruise for Feb. 09..have chosen the date but, unsure what site to use to book the cruise. Carnival official site or other? Just wondering how to get the best price. Carnival says they have a sale on 11/20...should I book now or wait in hopes of a better deal? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Admiral

Up until recently, I went strictly through my travel agent. The last two I booked with Carnival over the phone. Regardless of how I booked, my journey started by window shopping at Carnival's web site. Once I found what I wanted, I either visited my travel agency or called Carnival directly. I prefer to deal with a human being who can offer me a deal.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old November 20th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

There's 2 articles I wrote about this subject. I highly recommend you read them and hopefully you can make a decision armed with a bit more information.

Here's the link
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ectoragent.cfm
Old November 20th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Advice on booking a cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4burgess
Will be booking a cruise for Feb. 09..have chosen the date but, unsure what site to use to book the cruise. Carnival official site or other? Just wondering how to get the best price. Carnival says they have a sale on 11/20...should I book now or wait in hopes of a better deal? Thanks
Go to www.alaskaair.com because you will get miles for it. Most of the time when you book somewhere aisde from Carnival you can get a little coupon book but it's not worth much. I just booked through Carnival and found out if the price goes down sometimes they will refund you the difference if you call and request it, or they will sometimes offer you an on board credit. (known as OBC)
Old November 20th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Passenger

actually, what you need to do is go to a few sites like expedia and others. These sites can not advertise a lower price than Carnival lets them. Once you see the lowest price possible, then call carnival and book it directly with them. Just tell them the price and site and they will match it.

Places like expedia charge a 15.00 booking fee, so, it's best to call Carnival directly.
Old November 20th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I will say that if you book directly with Carnival, you're paying the highest price you can pay.

While agent's can't advertise cheaper prices (unless they are group cruise prices), they can offer discounts if you call or email for a quote.

Simply by surfing ANY web sites you won't see the actual lowest price they will be willing to sell it to you for. To find that price you have to contact them directly at their toll free phone numbers or email addresses.

Personally, I find sites like Expedia and Travelocity normally just offer the going rate, where cruise only travel agents are often willing to discount.
Old November 21st, 2008, 12:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Kuki says it all. You may get that cheaper price if you can book under a group cruise. Including a few extra perks of on board credit, spa credit, etc. So it really depends upon the overall price and comps that you get when booking thru a TA.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old December 4th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Passenger

One important thing to remember also. If you book through any agency other than Carnival and run into problems with the booking, Carnival will NOT assist you. They will refer you back to the agency you booked through. Bottom line is, go with what works best for you and gives you the best deal.