Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:15 AM
Admiral

Default Another Year Round Cruising Program for San Diego

Does anyone else think that San Diego will get another year round ship doing 7 or 8 day cruises. I think it might happen becuase San Diego cruising is getting very popular and the only Carnival cruising in the summer is the Elation. I think when the Magic comes out they might put another ship in San Diego. So Carnival can carry even more people out of San Diego.

Does anyone else think that might be an option.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:37 PM
Passenger

Since there are not many options for a ship to go to out of Southern California for a 7 or 8 day round trip and since there is basically an identical cruise out of L.A, that essentially is already 2 Carnival ships that do identical trips within 90 miles of each other.

Since L.A. is a much bigger town, I would think if anything, L.A. would get a second ship if either town would.
Old November 21st, 2008, 02:32 PM
First Mate

DH looked at the Port of San Diego cruise ship schedule for 2009 and 2010. He said there's some weird stuff on that schedule.

I didn't pay too much attention, but I remember him saying how the Spirit left but doesn't show any return, but Pride show up in SD instead of LA.

I'll go look into it further, but it wouldn't surprise me. They're moving ships everywhere.

Pat

RCL Radiance
CCL Splendor
HAL Zaandam
CCL Elation
CCL Spirit
HAL Statendam 2x
HAL Ryndam 2x
Old November 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM
Admiral

The Spirit does Summer cruising in Alaska and Hawaii and does the rest of the year in San Diego. Also the Pride was originally suppose to do cruising out of San Diego, then they said they were going to move her to Miami, and now they are going to move her to Baltimore. Now the Splendor is going to Long Beach.

Past Cruises:
Old November 22nd, 2008, 05:16 PM
First Mate

Okay, now it's starting to make sense.

After my last post, I looked at the schedule on my own computer, and I didn't see what he was talking about.

Pat

RCL Radiance
CCL Splendor
HAL Zaandam
CCL Elation
CCL Spirit
HAL Statendam 2x
HAL Ryndam 2x
Old November 22nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

L.A. is getting Mariner of the Seas, and Long beach is getting Carnival Splendor. Both of these ships are post Panamax (too big for the Panama Canal) and so are having to sail around South America to get here.

The MOST AMAZING MEXICO CRUISES will start in a few years. They are building port facilities at Rocky Point and Guaymas, Mexico. This will allow for ships to homeport high in the Sea of Cortes making it possible to drive to cruise from Phoenix (sixth largest city in the U.S.) and Tucson in about 3 1/2 hours.

This is a huge development. The Sea of Cortes is suprisingly beautiful and full of wildlike including dolphins and even sperm (blue) whales, the largest mamals on earth.

Holland America is taking the lead on these cruises, but Cruise West and American Safari already do small-ship cruises here and they are very popular.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 09:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
L.A. is getting Mariner of the Seas, and Long beach is getting Carnival Splendor. Both of these ships are post Panamax (too big for the Panama Canal) and so are having to sail around South America to get here.

The MOST AMAZING MEXICO CRUISES will start in a few years. They are building port facilities at Rocky Point and Guaymas, Mexico. This will allow for ships to homeport high in the Sea of Cortes making it possible to drive to cruise from Phoenix (sixth largest city in the U.S.) and Tucson in about 3 1/2 hours.

This is a huge development. The Sea of Cortes is suprisingly beautiful and full of wildlike including dolphins and even sperm (blue) whales, the largest mamals on earth.

Holland America is taking the lead on these cruises, but Cruise West and American Safari already do small-ship cruises here and they are very popular.
So you don't think Carnival will cruise there?

Past Cruises:
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter

Actually, Phoenix is the 5th largest city, not 6th surpassy Philly! I should know, my brother is the Mayor! Rocky point is great for people in AZ, it's too bad it is becoming a tourist place, it is losing it small town charm. We have a trailer right on the beach, it's wonderful and all we pay is 12.00 a night for whenever we use it.

However, we have seen this little town being taken over by Americans, many high rise condo's and huge hotels are being built with gof courses and they are putting in an airport for flights. That unique feeling of that place is being lost! However, we stll enjoy it.