CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Cruise planning (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/358580-cruise-planning.html)

beckymomof2 November 23rd, 2008 01:39 PM

Cruise planning
 
We leave on the Carnival Pride at the end of January. It goes out of Long Beach and to Cozumel, Mazatlan, and Cobo San Lucas. I'm so excited I feel like I'm forgetting things. What do I need to plan for besides shore excursions? I have airfair booked, the cruise itself, and a hotel for afterwards.

Thanks.

colorcrazie November 23rd, 2008 02:47 PM

How about transportation between airport, hotel, cruise port?
Sounds like you are ready to me!
Happy sailing.
Marty

krunch November 23rd, 2008 04:15 PM

Sit down and walk through each day of your vacation. That will help you remember stuff...example....

Flying out of here, how are we getting to airport, ok, covered. then we get on flight at this time, land this time, get a cab? go to hotel. Yup, got hotel booked, get up next morning. have breakfast here, cab to port, get on ship. Oh, need passport! etc. etc. etc.

If you visualize your entire trip like that, every single step, it should help you remember 95% of everything you need. Plus there are a few threads here about, little extra things to bring on your cruise like Duct Tape LOL

Krunch

beckymomof2 November 24th, 2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunch
Sit down and walk through each day of your vacation. That will help you remember stuff...example....

Flying out of here, how are we getting to airport, ok, covered. then we get on flight at this time, land this time, get a cab? go to hotel. Yup, got hotel booked, get up next morning. have breakfast here, cab to port, get on ship. Oh, need passport! etc. etc. etc.

If you visualize your entire trip like that, every single step, it should help you remember 95% of everything you need. Plus there are a few threads here about, little extra things to bring on your cruise like Duct Tape LOL

Krunch

hmmm... why do I need duct tape?

green_rd November 24th, 2008 04:47 PM

Search this forum for Duct Tape. You'd be amazed by the things people came up with.

I'd add to the list - insurance.

Trip November 24th, 2008 07:39 PM

Go to insuremytrip.com, and plug in the info they ask......you can do a side by side comparison of the insurance they offer, and decide what is best for you....In the event, you need trip cancellation, lost luggage, or a ship medivac flight, you will be covered.. insurance is a cheap way to get peace of mind, in the event something goes wrong. Do not buy insurance from the cruise line..Go to a 3rd party company, as mentioned.

ScurvyDog November 24th, 2008 07:56 PM

Re: Cruise planning
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by beckymomof2
We leave on the Carnival Pride at the end of January. It goes out of Long Beach and to Cozumel, Mazatlan, and Cobo San Lucas. I'm so excited I feel like I'm forgetting things. What do I need to plan for besides shore excursions? I have airfair booked, the cruise itself, and a hotel for afterwards.

Thanks.

Becky
You are getting excited. Probably would not be a good idea to book any excursions for Cozumel unless you are headed thru the Panama Canal.

beckymomof2 November 24th, 2008 08:00 PM

Re: Cruise planning
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScurvyDog
Quote:

Originally Posted by beckymomof2
We leave on the Carnival Pride at the end of January. It goes out of Long Beach and to Cozumel, Mazatlan, and Cobo San Lucas. I'm so excited I feel like I'm forgetting things. What do I need to plan for besides shore excursions? I have airfair booked, the cruise itself, and a hotel for afterwards.

Thanks.

Becky
You are getting excited. Probably would not be a good idea to book any excursions for Cozumel unless you are headed thru the Panama Canal.

LOL. Too funny. I just told my husband how silly I sounded. Yes I am excited.

beckymomof2 November 24th, 2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip
Go to insuremytrip.com, and plug in the info they ask......you can do a side by side comparison of the insurance they offer, and decide what is best for you....In the event, you need trip cancellation, lost luggage, or a ship medivac flight, you will be covered.. insurance is a cheap way to get peace of mind, in the event something goes wrong. Do not buy insurance from the cruise line..Go to a 3rd party company, as mentioned.

I already bought insurance through Carnival. What is the disadvantage in that?

green_rd November 25th, 2008 08:28 AM

Becky,

No disadvantage to using Carnival's insurance - other than you can find less expensive insurance elsewhere.

beckymomof2 November 25th, 2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd
Becky,

No disadvantage to using Carnival's insurance - other than you can find less expensive insurance elsewhere.

Ok thanks. I think maybe my dad had said the same thing... but I had already bought. I'll remember this for next time.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 AM.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1