Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Passenger

Default Cruise planning

We leave on the Carnival Pride at the end of January. It goes out of Long Beach and to Cozumel, Mazatlan, and Cobo San Lucas. I'm so excited I feel like I'm forgetting things. What do I need to plan for besides shore excursions? I have airfair booked, the cruise itself, and a hotel for afterwards.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Admiral

How about transportation between airport, hotel, cruise port?
Sounds like you are ready to me!
Happy sailing.
Marty
Old November 23rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
Captain

Sit down and walk through each day of your vacation. That will help you remember stuff...example....

Flying out of here, how are we getting to airport, ok, covered. then we get on flight at this time, land this time, get a cab? go to hotel. Yup, got hotel booked, get up next morning. have breakfast here, cab to port, get on ship. Oh, need passport! etc. etc. etc.

If you visualize your entire trip like that, every single step, it should help you remember 95% of everything you need. Plus there are a few threads here about, little extra things to bring on your cruise like Duct Tape

Krunch
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Old November 24th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunch
Sit down and walk through each day of your vacation. That will help you remember stuff...example....

Flying out of here, how are we getting to airport, ok, covered. then we get on flight at this time, land this time, get a cab? go to hotel. Yup, got hotel booked, get up next morning. have breakfast here, cab to port, get on ship. Oh, need passport! etc. etc. etc.

If you visualize your entire trip like that, every single step, it should help you remember 95% of everything you need. Plus there are a few threads here about, little extra things to bring on your cruise like Duct Tape

Krunch
hmmm... why do I need duct tape?
Old November 24th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Search this forum for Duct Tape. You'd be amazed by the things people came up with.

I'd add to the list - insurance.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old November 24th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Go to insuremytrip.com, and plug in the info they ask......you can do a side by side comparison of the insurance they offer, and decide what is best for you....In the event, you need trip cancellation, lost luggage, or a ship medivac flight, you will be covered.. insurance is a cheap way to get peace of mind, in the event something goes wrong. Do not buy insurance from the cruise line..Go to a 3rd party company, as mentioned.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 24th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruise planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckymomof2
We leave on the Carnival Pride at the end of January. It goes out of Long Beach and to Cozumel, Mazatlan, and Cobo San Lucas. I'm so excited I feel like I'm forgetting things. What do I need to plan for besides shore excursions? I have airfair booked, the cruise itself, and a hotel for afterwards.

Thanks.
Becky
You are getting excited. Probably would not be a good idea to book any excursions for Cozumel unless you are headed thru the Panama Canal.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old November 24th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Cruise planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScurvyDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckymomof2

Thanks.
Becky
You are getting excited. Probably would not be a good idea to book any excursions for Cozumel unless you are headed thru the Panama Canal.
. Too funny. I just told my husband how silly I sounded. Yes I am excited.
Old November 24th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
Go to insuremytrip.com, and plug in the info they ask......you can do a side by side comparison of the insurance they offer, and decide what is best for you....In the event, you need trip cancellation, lost luggage, or a ship medivac flight, you will be covered.. insurance is a cheap way to get peace of mind, in the event something goes wrong. Do not buy insurance from the cruise line..Go to a 3rd party company, as mentioned.
I already bought insurance through Carnival. What is the disadvantage in that?
Old November 25th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Becky,

No disadvantage to using Carnival's insurance - other than you can find less expensive insurance elsewhere.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old November 25th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd
Becky,

No disadvantage to using Carnival's insurance - other than you can find less expensive insurance elsewhere.
Ok thanks. I think maybe my dad had said the same thing... but I had already bought. I'll remember this for next time.