Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
Captain

Default Guest Classifications? Gold? Platinum? Explain?

On our first cruise we had a blue S&S card. On our second cruise, we had a gold S&S card. I guess we are gold members already after our second cruise

So, how many more classes are their and when do you transition to them?

What are the perks of being repeat cruisers and when?

The only thing that really stands out to us was on the first cruise, we got invited to some party in one of the smaller bars, had a few free drinks, pretty much it.

This time, we did the same thing again, but also got invited to a second free drink party?

I'd like to read a good article on these classifications and the perks that come with them and when

I'm sure we'll do another cruise, and high % chance it will be Carnival again. I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Very happy with Carnival

Krunch
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2008, 03:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default Re: Guest Classifications? Gold? Platinum? Explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunch
On our first cruise we had a blue S&S card. On our second cruise, we had a gold S&S card. I guess we are gold members already after our second cruise

So, how many more classes are their and when do you transition to them?

What are the perks of being repeat cruisers and when?

The only thing that really stands out to us was on the first cruise, we got invited to some party in one of the smaller bars, had a few free drinks, pretty much it.

This time, we did the same thing again, but also got invited to a second free drink party?

I'd like to read a good article on these classifications and the perks that come with them and when

I'm sure we'll do another cruise, and high % chance it will be Carnival again. I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Very happy with Carnival

Krunch
Yes, you'll have the gold card on cruises 2-9 which basically gets you a pin and past guest party. Platinum is were it gets good:

Platinum cardholders are entitled to the following shipboard benefits and features:

* Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin one evening

* Personalized stationery

* A special Carnival logo item

* Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations

* Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack tournament

* Spa Carnival priority reservations and complimentary treatment upgrade

* Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

* Priority tender boarding

* Priority embarkation and debarkation

Additionally, a fully staffed concierge desk for Platinum cardholders has been established at the purser’s information desk aboard every Carnival ship. A dedicated phone line is available fleetwide, as well.

Special luggage tags indicating guests are “Carnival Concierge Club” members are included in guests’ cruise documents. “Carnival Concierge Club” members also receive a special Welcome Aboard letter from the Carnival President detailing the exclusive amenities and privileges available during their cruise.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 05:39 PM
Admiral

Snoozeman explained it all.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old November 23rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Captain

Thanx for the info Snoozeman! A couple of those things interested me, but not many of them. Not enough anyway to go out and book 7 more cruises right away at least to I hit platinum on teh 10th cruise

I guess I'll be platinum when I'm platinum. No rush

Krunch
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Old December 4th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Thanx for the info Snoozeman! A couple of those things interested me, but not many of them. Not enough anyway to go out and book 7 more cruises right away at least to I hit platinum on teh 10th cruise

Krunch
Hmmmm.....Krunch.....how much time do you have on your hands and how many short Cruises to Nowhere can you fit in, in the near term (grin).....wish they had the CTN's on the west coast.....RATS.

What cracked me up was when I was rummaging around the Carnival website and came upon their "discount cruises" for those high end cruisers (e.g., you get a percentage off for going on your 25th, 50th, 75th, and even 100th cruise)....WOW....now THAT would be something....guess I need to invest in and hit the jackpot on the "redneck 401(k)...(lottery)...lol

The key to our family's success during a cruise is to have FUN. We may not get a lot of perks.....but what the heck....we'll make our own.
Old December 4th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Admiral

The cruise to nowheres arn't really good prices they are like $329 for an inside room for 2 days. When you can get a 4 day cruise for $209 and go to 2 ports and have 1 sea day. So it would be better to book the four day cruise instead of the cruise to nowhere.

Past Cruises:
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingy
Quote:

Krunch
Hmmmm.....Krunch.....how much time do you have on your hands and how many short Cruises to Nowhere can you fit in, in the near term (grin).....wish they had the CTN's on the west coast.....RATS.

What cracked me up was when I was rummaging around the Carnival website and came upon their "discount cruises" for those high end cruisers (e.g., you get a percentage off for going on your 25th, 50th, 75th, and even 100th cruise)....WOW....now THAT would be something....guess I need to invest in and hit the jackpot on the "redneck 401(k)...(lottery)...lol

The key to our family's success during a cruise is to have FUN. We may not get a lot of perks.....but what the heck....we'll make our own.
Hubby,myself and 17 year old son are all Milestone Rewards Members and we have used the 25% OBC already. It was VERY NICE!!!!

It ended up being about $200.00 per person.

17 year old will be hitting his 30th Carnival cruise in February on the Bloggers Cruise...so we look forward to reaching that 50th as fast as possible!!!

As far as the Platinum perks go....I think they are pretty much in line with what you pay for a Carnival cruise. We have always enjoyed them...although now we have 9,000 mugs....I wish they would do something a little different with that logo item. We got 9 mugs in the past 2 weeks. (B2B2B)

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I'm at the half wat point for Platinum--Cruise #6, 7, and 8 are booked for 2009. I'll be platinum in 2010, or earlier if I get lucky and cruise more than two or three times a year...

I wish I was that fortunate--17 and going on cruise #30...I was 15 wehn I went on my first real vacation and 22 for my first cruise....my family prefered the motorohome/boat vacations from hell to this lake or that lake, or wherever and with whomever they decided on....My brother and I never had a say....I hated the RV vacations from HELL!!!! (something always had to happen, and it usually centered around my older brother and the family's oldest son who travelled with us...).

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are booked on the Conquest ( our favorite ship) March 2009. This will be our 10th cruise and I am really looking forward to all the extra perks.
We love Carnival - all 9 past cruises have been great.
Legend 2006
Spirit 2006 & 2007 & 2009
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Old December 5th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ainsley

I have been on 6 cruises with Carnival. Ill be lucky if I hit platinum before I get out of college, but I do have to say that I am sooooo ready for it =)
Carnival Conquest-02.22.04
Carnival Conquest-02.06.05
Carnival Legend-3.25.06
Royal Caribbean Sovereign OTS-4.16.07
Carnival Fantasy 4.28.08
Carnival Fantasy 10.27.08
Norwegian Pearl 3.13.11
Carnival Elation 11.14.11

Future Cruises
Carnival Ecstasy 5.21.12
Old December 6th, 2008, 09:33 AM
First Mate

We did cruise #10 with Carnival earlier this year and it was great. We have #11 booked for July of 2009. Working hard to fit another one in for March of 2009. God you got to love it.

Read and post cruise reviews

Fascination 01/02
Imagination 07/02
Glory 07/04
Glory 12/04
Valor 12/05
Miracle 08/06
Fascination 10/06
Triumph 06/07
Inspiration 11/07
Destiny 08/08 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 11/09 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 10/10 (VIP Status)
Destiny 10/11 (VIP Status)
Enchantment of the Seas(RC)04/13
Dream 07/13
Old December 6th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Snoozeman said it all - however you do get both canapes and petit fours (however these were just different pastries and not petit fours) and you also get a Galley Tour.

I got the silver mug ------- saw some people with bags. Hope I get one of thoses. You would think they would give something different each time, but I guess they can't keep up with it.

Yep, I think it sucks how you can get platinium with 10 2 day cruises - they should go by sea days and not number of cruises in my own opinion. I had all 7/8 day cruises with 2 - 5 day cruises.

It is what it is.......lol. I wish I would have known about the EARLY debarkation however ----- as I saw people get off the ship at 6:30!! I would have EASILY made an 11 am flight home ----- instead had to wait until a 5 pm flight only to be delayed by another 5 hours! Oh well...
Old December 6th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Admiral

One more for platinum...

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 6th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Admiral

I can't wait until I get to platinum. But I have a long way to go... I can't wait until I cruise again.

Past Cruises:
Old December 8th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Captain

I think your platinum card gets recognized more on the older ships than on the newer ships and exotic departures. The platinum folks seem to want newer ships and exotic destinations. My platinum card was one of only 12 on the Conquest last January. The part I like most is the laundry service. Dirty laundry out in the morning, clean folded laundry back in the evening, no charge. The priority debarcation at port stops really didn't do much for us, as we are not the first off the ship anyhow. The early debarcation at the end of the cruise was great. We arrived late in port due to a propulsion problem. All the folks trying to get to their flights were doing the self-assist, dragging their own luggage, not very happy campers. We just waited for them to be gone, the nice lady took us to a special doorway, out to the gangplank, down to the terminal, only 15-20 bags in our area, most of them ours, out the door we went. I have more platinum stories, but I sometimes ramble on. I highly recommend platinum.
Mardi Gras 1986 / 1987, Emerald Seas 1988, Jubilee 1989 / 2002, Sunward II 1991, Sea Breeze 1993, Seaward 1995, Celebration 1998, Norwegian Sea 2000, Destiny 2002 /2008, Rhapsody OS 2003, Conquest 2004 / 2005 / 2008, Radiance OS 2004, Pride Of America 2006, Triumph 2007 / 2012 (x2), Grandeur OS 2008, Holiday 2009, Fantasy 2009, Splendor 2010, Elation 2010, Victory 2011
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
One more for platinum...
I hope we get to sail with you and your lovely wife again.

The 2 day on the Splendor was just tooo short.....

Enjoy the Platinum.

We are using every comment card to "encourage" Carnival to add a Black Elite Card for Milestone Members (25 cruises).

We would like to see them add reciprocating benefits to sister cruise lines like RCCL and Celebrity does (and Princess and Cunard).

fingers crossed!!!

20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Admiral

lhp said: I hope we get to sail with you and your lovely wife again.

I hope so too Linda.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 9th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

They probably need a 'black' card. Similar to Princess 'Elite'.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old December 9th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Actually, these are just the new terms for First Class, Tourist Class and Steerage.

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old December 9th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
Actually, these are just the new terms for First Class, Tourist Class and Steerage.
Not really since half of our 8 cruises this year were in Interior Cabins (usually on Main)

Definately nothing close to class division there.....

Old December 9th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Was a joke dude!

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old December 10th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
Was a joke dude!
Oh...ok...

on another board that was actually a long (and quite heated) discussion...

:o

Old December 10th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Been Platinum for some time now and wish they did have a higher level. But, I LOVE having them do my laundry at the end of the cruise. The extra free food is nice, but not a biggy. I have noticed that if there is a problem, being Platinum gets you better resolution and better attitude from the crew. But, to me that's all just gravy. Being on the ship is the only real thing. Of course, that's how we ended up platinum.
Marty
Old December 14th, 2008, 07:23 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Been Platinum for some time now and wish they did have a higher level. But, I LOVE having them do my laundry at the end of the cruise. The extra free food is nice, but not a biggy. I have noticed that if there is a problem, being Platinum gets you better resolution and better attitude from the crew. But, to me that's all just gravy. Being on the ship is the only real thing. Of course, that's how we ended up platinum.
Marty
I have to agree with you. We try to make sure that we get our laundry done the day before we get off. That way when we get home we can unpack and put most of the things away without having to do a lot of laundry. They do get to know your name a lot sooner also.

Fascination 01/02
Imagination 07/02
Glory 07/04
Glory 12/04
Valor 12/05
Miracle 08/06
Fascination 10/06
Triumph 06/07
Inspiration 11/07
Destiny 08/08 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 11/09 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 10/10 (VIP Status)
Destiny 10/11 (VIP Status)
Enchantment of the Seas(RC)04/13
Dream 07/13
Old December 15th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Admiral

I like the Black card idea!!! The crew of the Splendor did a great job last week getting Platinum guest off the ship early and we were able to catch the 8:30 AM Airtran out of FLL. 8)
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old December 15th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScurvyDog
I like the Black card idea!!! The crew of the Splendor did a great job last week getting Platinum guest off the ship early and we were able to catch the 8:30 AM Airtran out of FLL. 8)
You are welcome.... ()

There were "many" letters to Cahill about the Splendor and Freedom's horrific job of VIP Debarkation on the first few cruises back here in the US.

Glad to see they finally got it right!!!

Old December 16th, 2008, 09:10 AM
First Mate

What they really need to do to honor those with numerous cruises do as Holland does and count number of days to determine the levelCarnival gives as much credit to 3 day cruise as our 17 day cruise coming up in Jan.Does not appear fare to me.