Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Beginner

Default Triumph Feb 2009

Hey everybody,

i will be sailling on the tryumph on Feb 1st 2009 , its actually my first time, i'm travelling with my mother whos 50 , im 22 and weve been club med addict for many many years but we wanted to try something new so we will be cruising on the triumph in the Eastern Caraibeen!!!! But in all honestly we have no idea what to expect!

We are flying from montreal on the 31st , so were are still looking for a hotel to stay in prior to departure ? any suggestions ? Is there time in the morning to shop or look around miami??In terms of excursions ...wich you are recomanded ?? wich one to avoid??? Any comments, idea ,tips and suggestion will be greatly appreciate !

Thanks!

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Admiral

That is funny, I did many Club Meb vacations prior to my first cruise! Bob
Old November 27th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Beginner

ohh yeah?? where have u been ? I was a GO at Colombus Island for 2 seasons ? So ... in comparason.... what should i expect ? We like having a good time... but were are still fussy about food and service quality...

but since a i been browsing in those cruise forum... i think i have nothing to worry about ... you are all cruise-addict !!!
Old November 27th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Admiral

Jan, I have been to the Club Meds in Papette Tahitti, Cancun, Haiti, and Martinique. You will love cruising, sort of an an all inclusive vacation except for the booze, gambling and excursions. Bob
Old November 28th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Hi Jannick;

I'll see you aboard! The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are also sailing Triumph on Feb 1st. You'll love the cruise, and I have no doubt it won't be your last. Eastern Caribbean is a Very Nice iten, and I personally think that St. Thomas is probably the most beautiful island in the Caribbean. I can't help with a hotel in Miami, (we live near Tampa) and I don't do excursions much anymore (we've done well over 100 cruises) but I'm sure someone here will answer your questions.
Once again, can't wait to meet you, and if there are any questions I might be able to answer, ask away, or PM me.

Ken
"SKY"
Old November 28th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
Hi Jannick;

I'll see you aboard! The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are also sailing Triumph on Feb 1st. You'll love the cruise, and I have no doubt it won't be your last. Eastern Caribbean is a Very Nice iten, and I personally think that St. Thomas is probably the most beautiful island in the Caribbean. I can't help with a hotel in Miami, (we live near Tampa) and I don't do excursions much anymore (we've done well over 100 cruises) but I'm sure someone here will answer your questions.
Once again, can't wait to meet you, and if there are any questions I might be able to answer, ask away, or PM me.

Ken
"SKY"
Wow you have done well over 100 cruises. Have they all been with one cruise line or multiple?

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old November 28th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Admiral

We've been cruising since the '70's, and some of those cruises were on lines that don't even exist anymore. "Admiral" "Premier" and lots of others. Every once in a while I'll find an old luggage tag, or some other paperwork that reminds me of a long gone ship, or line. We've done 20 counted on Carnival (a few more way back that weren't counted) and multiple cruises in the double digits on most of the other major lines. We did 6 last year, and only 5 this year, so they do add up fairly fast. Almost all of those cruises were 7 day, as I'm still working and can't get more than a week off at one time. Trouble is, when I retire, I probably won't have the money to cruise much! (Guess I'll just have to keep working as long as I can hold out.)

Ken
"SKY"
Old November 28th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
We've been cruising since the '70's, and some of those cruises were on lines that don't even exist anymore. "Admiral" "Premier" and lots of others. Every once in a while I'll find an old luggage tag, or some other paperwork that reminds me of a long gone ship, or line. We've done 20 counted on Carnival (a few more way back that weren't counted) and multiple cruises in the double digits on most of the other major lines. We did 6 last year, and only 5 this year, so they do add up fairly fast. Almost all of those cruises were 7 day, as I'm still working and can't get more than a week off at one time. Trouble is, when I retire, I probably won't have the money to cruise much! (Guess I'll just have to keep working as long as I can hold out.)

Ken
"SKY"
It is pretty cool when ou find something from a cruise you went on. A few months ago I found a luggage tag from a cruise I did in 2003. It was pretty cool to find it.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old December 2nd, 2008, 11:28 PM
Beginner

We sailed on Triumph in April '08. We also did Eastern Carribean. We fell in love with St. Thomas. We were also impressed with Grand Turk even though that was a fairly new stop on the cruise. I heard that Grand Turk Turk was hit pretty hard by the hurricanes. I hope that most of the damage has been repaired by now. Also I believe Triumph just went through refurbishing. We really enjoyed our cruise, and are looking forward to our next one. Enjoy!!