Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to crabby apple
Default Port Canaveral info--parking, hotels, shuttles etc

In a post I saw mention of busses at this port. If you drive to the port, and park at the port, what is the fee? We paid I think $60 or $80 last year at Jacksonville. We parked, walked luggage over, and got in line. Easy peasy.

Do you have to take a shuttle from the lot at the port to the ship?

If this is the case maybe I will get a hotel nearby and do the park at the hotel thing. Take a shuttle from the hotel. Anyone do this? Is it easier to get in and out of the port in a hotel shuttle or how do those work--do they drop you at the port or at the parking lot for the port?

Asking a lot as I do not want a lot of ons and offs with suitcases. My husband is with us, BUT I just had major surgery (hernias/abdomen area and breast reconstruction so incisions from one side to the other) and am not supposed to be lifting stuff at all. A time or two won't kill me but the less the better.

Suggestions?

1st- 1998 to South and Central America, don't even remember the cruise line!
2nd-Celebration with our son 12/07
3rd-Glory with our son 12/08
Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Captain

Most people use Radisson or Country Inn and Suites which both give you free cruise parking, no matter which room you book.

Radisson almost always has $99 hot deal specials online, where you cannot choose your type of room. We did this, and they gave us exactly what we wanted, garden quiet view, first floor, non smoking. The cruise special only gives you a $10 breakfast included. You can call the desk right after you book and book the shuttle. If you want the first shuttle to the port, book it early, before you get there.

We did self disembarkation, and the Country Inn shuttle was there twice before 8:30 when the Radisson shuttle started. I guess they told us 8:30 am, but I didnt take in the information so we had to wait about 45 minutes for the first shuttle to take us to our car, its too far to walk with luggage.

I researched all the hotels and these are the best if you want a hotel with cruise parking and shuttle. Country Inn and Suites might be a charge of $3 for the shuttle. Im sure Radisson's is free. Country Inn is a little closer to the port and newer. Radisson has a great pool and is old timey Florida with sleep number beds. Radisson has cameras to watch your parked cars, even though their security gates seem iffy to me, no one I know had any problems parking there, and Iv read a lot of posts on the hotel before I booked.

You might as well stay the night before we decided as to pay almost the same at the port to park.
Old November 29th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Admiral

We stayed at the Hampton Inn not far from the port and took the shuttle from the hotel to the port. Parking was free with a room. I'm not sure how much the shuttle was. We also got a free buffet type breakfast, not just donuts. Parking at the port is 15.00 per night I believe. It works out better to get a hotel with the parking and shuttle service. Enjoy your cruise.

Need some cruise help?
Old November 29th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Admiral

We did it painlessly... we flew in on the same day. From Ft. Lauderdale airport to the terminal was a snap. I spoke of it in my Splendor recap on the Carnival forum.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old November 29th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

We stayed at the Country inns and suites and will do it again on our next cruise next dec. It was flawless. When we got off the ship the driver was standing just outside the door waiting on us. The room we had gave us a view of the Glory that morning as soon as we got up!! Of course it was in the distance but it was exciting to see!
Carnival Celebration 03/06
Carnival Fantasy 12/06
Carnival Fantasy 04/07
Carnival Glory 10/07
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2008
Carnival Fascination Oct 2008
Carnival Holiday April 2009
Carnival Dream Dec 2009
Carnival Triumph Jan 2010
Carnival Dream May 2010
Carnival Elation Jan 2011
Carnival Triumph May 2011
Carnival Fascination Feb 2012
Carnival Conquest 12/09/12
Carnival Fascination 01/06/13
Old November 29th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Crabby, the parking at Port Canaveral is $ 15.00 per day, payable up front with cash or credit card. ( At least it was last month--hopefully they haven't raised it yet ) The parking garage is right across from the ship ( if I understand it correctly you're going on the Glory ). It's about as easy as it can get as far as parking and access to the ship. Some people go a day early and use some of the hotel shuttles, etc. Whatever is handiest for you.
Old November 29th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Crabby, the parking at Port Canaveral is $ 15.00 per day, payable up front with cash or credit card. ( At least it was last month--hopefully they haven't raised it yet ) The parking garage is right across from the ship ( if I understand it correctly you're going on the Glory ). It's about as easy as it can get as far as parking and access to the ship. Some people go a day early and use some of the hotel shuttles, etc. Whatever is handiest for you.
Ditto! The only port that's any easier to embark and disembark is Tampa. As noted above, parking is right across from the ship, and the fee (last time we sailed out of Canaveral) was $15 per night.
There are several hotels nearby, so the choice is yours.
Have a GREAT cruise!

Ken
"SKY"