Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2008, 01:24 AM
Beginner

Default Carnival Destiny 12/11/2008

My two girlfriends and I are sailing on the Destiny, leaving December 11th, 2008. Only ten days away now! We're so excited. I've been checking out some of the threads here, trying to get an idea of what to do at the ports (Miami, Key West, and Cozumel). I heard Destiny was just dry docked in Sept 2008, but I'm not sure for what. Anyways - is anyone else going to be on this cruise? Any last minute advice?
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Amac, I'll be there on the Destiny with y'all. Getting excited also, ready to sail away. I'm from New Orleans area. This will be my 1st time in Key West, can't wait to see it. Is this your 1st cruise?

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream

Jubilee July '86
Celebration May '88
Fantasy June '90
Sovereign of the Seas May '93
Windjammer Polynesia June '06
Carnival Triumph May '07
Carnival Freedom Dec.'07
Carnival Imagination Oct.'08
Carnival Destiny Dec.'08
Carnival Liberty May '09
Carnival Freedom Nov.'09
Old December 1st, 2008, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

The Carnival Destiny is not the prettiest FunShip in the fleet, but I have come to be convinced she is the most fun!

sailed on her twice this year and love her. she has some rough spots but all in all is a great ship. and the SeaSide Theatre is awesome.

here is a review of my latest cruise on her....
http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/vie...896&highlight=

some negative things are said but don't let that discourage you. i've had the time of my life aboard her!

in key west we just walked around but everyone says the Conch Train is the way to go. you can catch it downtown.

we wanted to go ziplining and rock climbing in Cozumel but docked late so we missed that and went to the beach, where i went parasailing, then on downtown to walk around and to Carlos and Charlies.

search the boards and you'll find plenty of suggestions.

key west from the port

have fun![/url]
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old December 4th, 2008, 12:38 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

Mr. Sanchos' Beach - everything you need to do - beach, water activites, atv, horseback riding, very few vendors and some nice native shops, restaurant, showers, lockers, massages, small pool... google Mr. Sanchos' Beach...Have a great time. Like CutieCat, we were on Destiny mid-October and I go back on her in 162 days for our annual girls' trip! Have a great time. Share some pics of the ship during Christmas. I'd love to see them!

Old December 4th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to ToAdam12

The ship was in dry dock to get a face lift. In keywest you could do the trolly tour. You can book this threw the ship but it's just as easy to walk right to the station. Keywest in one of my favorate places to be at. I live in Miami so the tirp isn't bad. Some good stops along the way are The Hemannway House, Slopy Joes, The Keylime factory is in my opion is the best place for keylime pie. Their is a ton of stuff to do. One thing that you could do is rent a scoter and just take in the sights your self. Cosumel their is only one thing that I would go and see and thats the Mayan Ruins.
CCL Destiny 5 Day Eastern 2009
CCL Fascination 5 Day Western 2008
RCI Majsity Of The Seas 4 Day Eastern 2007
CCL Imagination 4 Day Western 2005