CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   drink tickets (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/358934-drink-tickets.html)

cherylroy December 6th, 2008 11:49 AM

drink tickets

Can you buy drink coupons at different intervals to be delivered all at once to you? I wanted to buy some like each month for our upcoming May cruise but want them delivered all at one time.

spencercoop December 6th, 2008 07:24 PM

I don't think they will do that. I think they will send them right when you order them.

If you want to spend a designated amount of money each month. You can put money in a jar each month and then a month before the cruise buy your drink coupons. That way they will all come at the same time and you don't have to use all the money from one month.

Sink0rswim December 6th, 2008 07:34 PM

You can also put some money anytime you want on a prepaid credit card, like Visa, sold at Walmart.

cherylroy December 6th, 2008 08:26 PM

True on both replies (never thought of the Visa card) however I didn't know they sent them to the house! I thought you HAD to get them on the ship. :-) Cool.....even better

cherylroy December 6th, 2008 11:45 PM

OK - I went to go buy some drink coupons and it needs the booking number and stateroom - which of course I do have. However, I thought I could get these mailed to me before the cruise. This is back to the original question. Do they just save them and give them to me all at once on the ship the first night?

spencercoop December 7th, 2008 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylroy
OK - I went to go buy some drink coupons and it needs the booking number and stateroom - which of course I do have. However, I thought I could get these mailed to me before the cruise. This is back to the original question. Do they just save them and give them to me all at once on the ship the first night?

Oh I didn't know they would send them to your house. I thought you were talking about sending them to your house at one time.

No I now what you are talking about. Yes, they give them to you the first day of the cruise. I think they are waiting in your room when you get there, but I am not sure.

j4burgess December 7th, 2008 07:46 AM

what are drink tickets?

I have cruised before but not on Carnival and have not heard of drink tickets before. How is this different than having your drinks put on shipboard credit and paying at the end of the cruise?

oklahoma doug December 7th, 2008 09:34 AM

On Carnival you can buy them a few at a time and they will be delivered at once. They delivered ours to us the first night in the dining room. If you chose not to eat in the dining room I am sure they would get them to you elsewhere.

Kuki December 7th, 2008 01:06 PM

I've never bought them, but any gifts bought from the gift dept are delivered on the ship.

I CAN NOT imagine any good reason Carnival would mail them to you in advance of your cruise.

cherylroy December 7th, 2008 01:11 PM

Miscommunication - I misunderstood what the poster was posting. I didn't think they would send them to my house! But, wanted to buy them ahead of time - a little at a time - to make my S & S bill look better??? LOL

briguy December 8th, 2008 11:12 AM

Re: what are drink tickets?

Quote:

Originally Posted by j4burgess
I have cruised before but not on Carnival and have not heard of drink tickets before. How is this different than having your drinks put on shipboard credit and paying at the end of the cruise?

The only difference is you pay ahead for a service you havent received. IMO it is not good money management and Carnival makes interest on your money rather than yourself. I am no financial expert but this is not a smart way to manage your money even if its just a token amount.

cherylroy December 8th, 2008 06:48 PM

Ahhhhhh I'm just budgeting a few drinks to make my pocketbook SEEM lighter at the time - HOWEVER with the economy now a days, I could put it in the bank and LOSE money - so might as well spend it! LOL

nurseypoo5 December 9th, 2008 02:43 AM

is this kind of like booze on layaway? Or is there a reason to prepurchase booze tickets? I do drink a more expensive drink (omg i cant wait to get a peach mango daquari with a swirl of grenadine...ok, now back on topic lol)

I just never know how much i'll drink..sometimes none in one day, others 5 or so..... Is there a discount or somthing?

cherylroy December 9th, 2008 07:53 AM

No discount nurseypoo.........but us nurses think alike! I'm in LOVE with the Mango dacuqari with the grenadine! YUMMY!!!!!!

bewitched December 9th, 2008 12:27 PM

We ordered drink and photo coupons for our last cruise. They did deliver them to us in the dinning room. My DH enjoyed receiving the drink coupons as they were a nice suprise for him.

Ro December 27th, 2008 11:03 PM

When we cruise I buy the drink coupons all the time.I purchase at different intervals an they are all delivered either the first night or found on the counter in the cabin at check in. You don't save any money buying them or using them its just a simplet way to budget ahead of time for the drink bill on the sign and sail. Its just sort of like prepaying.

ferrangi December 28th, 2008 02:21 AM

Yeppers, we bought our drink coupons and photo coupons ahead of time... I know it's not cheaper but it makes me feel better knowing part of my expenses are already paid for...
By the way, we also added money to our sign and sail card and pre paid for our excursion so we started off ahead instead of in the red.. :wink:

Yes, we got all our coupons at once in the dining room on the first night. :D

Ro December 28th, 2008 08:18 AM

It sure does help the balance go down. I love prepaying them. I am buying the gift certificates also as always and send them in for my on board credit. I know you can write on board credit on the order online but I like getting them delivered at my home.