CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Interior Upper/Lower Room on Carnival Freedom (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/359109-interior-upper-lower-room-carnival-freedom.html)

mor1mor1 December 12th, 2008 09:34 AM

Interior Upper/Lower Room on Carnival Freedom

Hi Guys,

My girl friend and I have booked a Interior/Upper !A Room on Carnival Freedom.

Are the bede suited for two females.

Thanks JoanK

jleq December 12th, 2008 11:13 AM

They're standard bunk beds. Room should be large enough for the two of you.

spencercoop December 13th, 2008 03:33 PM

Yes it is one regular bed and then an upper bed that comes down like all the other ones.

These rooms are usually smaller but it should be fine for two people.

jleq December 13th, 2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spencercoop

Lest you worry, not much smaller. Maybe 10%

spencercoop December 13th, 2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jleq
Quote:

Lest you worry, not much smaller. Maybe 10%

Sorry I should of expalined it better. Yes they are just a little smaller, but still a good size.

flowers December 14th, 2008 11:21 AM

Re: Interior Upper/Lower Room on Carnival Freedom

Quote:

Originally Posted by mor1mor1
Hi Guys,

Are the beds suited for two females.

Thanks JoanK

Maybe Im the one who is confused, because I thought on the Freedom, there were some 1As that were actually larger than inside cabins, depends on which 1A you booked.

spencercoop December 14th, 2008 03:48 PM

Re: Interior Upper/Lower Room on Carnival Freedom

Quote:

Originally Posted by flowers
Quote:

Originally Posted by mor1mor1
Hi Guys,

Are the beds suited for two females.

Thanks JoanK

Maybe Im the one who is confused, because I thought on the Freedom, there were some 1As that were actually larger than inside cabins, depends on which 1A you booked.

I think some can be larger, but not all. It depends where the cabin is located.

Thoth December 15th, 2008 12:08 AM

I'm counting on those cat 1-a rooms to be big enough for me...6-1 220.
U212 on Holiday, and 6226 on Triumph. :!: :idea:

spencercoop December 15th, 2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thoth

Yes they will definitely be big enough for 1 person. :D

lhp December 15th, 2008 10:30 AM

I will warn that we have found that the "newer" ships (starting with the Spirit Class) have really tight interior cabins for 3 people.

We used to do 4 to a interior cabin on the Fantasy class with no problems ( years ago .... before they "remodeled" them...I don't like the new layout as much)....

But we found 3 folks in an interior on the Miracle and Splendor to be tight.
(especially the Miracle)

Thoth December 15th, 2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thoth

Yes they will definitely be big enough for 1 person. :D

COOL ...thanks 8)

spencercoop December 15th, 2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhp
I will warn that we have found that the "newer" ships (starting with the Spirit Class) have really tight interior cabins for 3 people.

We used to do 4 to a interior cabin on the Fantasy class with no problems ( years ago .... before they "remodeled" them...I don't like the new layout as much)....

But we found 3 folks in an interior on the Miracle and Splendor to be tight.
(especially the Miracle)

Oh yeah they way they had the two uppers against the wall and both bottom beds were right against the wall.

But they usually fold up the beds during the day, so it is not that bad.

lhp December 15th, 2008 07:15 PM

I actually like the way (in some of the interior cabins on the Fantasy class ships) the "upper" comes down over the head of the "twins put together".

I know I probably described that clear as mud....

But I liked the way it did not encroach on walking space and could be left down for when our little one (17) wanted to climb up there and relax.

The downside of course was when I was crawling into bed at 2AM ...with the lights off (because everyone ELSE was asleep) and WHAM...hit my forehead on the Upper).

Thank goodness I have a very HARD head!!!

IBCRUZIN' December 15th, 2008 10:06 PM

I beg to differ from the majority here.

I have found that on the newer ships, the Cat 4 inside cabins are tight. The beds are now parallel because the cabin is not large enough to create the L-shape configuration of the older ships. On these ships, I find that the Cat 1A are larger than the Cat 4 cabins. It is just that most Cat 1A are shaped differently depending on where it is located and two beds cannot be put together. In some of the cabins the beds are cate-corner to each other (head to toe). They too have good floor space because of the configuration. However most of the Cat 1A on the newer ships has only one bed on the floor leaving plenty of floor space to move around. I stayed in a Cat 4 on the Glory and the beds were side by side and there was no floor space at all. I stayed in Cat 1A on the Liberty and it was like a regular hotel room. Plenty of floor space.

For this reason, I no longer do Cat 1A guaranteed but rather like to pick my cabin. I don't want an "upgrade" to a tight Cat 4. I rather just have the one bed and more room to move around.

On the Liberty (which is the twin to the Freedom), I was in cabin 1426 which is right around the corner from the aft elevators. It was heaven and a very nice Cat 1A to spend 8 night in. I plan to book the Freedom and will look for a cabin in a similar location.

The newest ships no longer have the two Cat 1A cabins with the 2 picture windows. These cabins have now been fitted with balconies and they are now sold as Cat 6. I stayed in one of those on the Destiny and this too was a very nice cabin to occupy for a week.

spencercoop December 16th, 2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'

I have found that on the newer ships, the Cat 4 inside cabins are tight. The beds are now parallel because the cabin is not large enough to create the L-shape configuration of the older ships. On these ships, I find that the Cat 1A are larger than the Cat 4 cabins. It is just that most Cat 1A are shaped differently depending on where it is located and two beds cannot be put together. In some of the cabins the beds are cate-corner to each other (head to toe). They too have good floor space because of the configuration. However most of the Cat 1A on the newer ships has only one bed on the floor leaving plenty of floor space to move around. I stayed in a Cat 4 on the Glory and the beds were side by side and there was no floor space at all. I stayed in Cat 1A on the Liberty and it was like a regular hotel room. Plenty of floor space.

For this reason, I no longer do Cat 1A guaranteed but rather like to pick my cabin. I don't want an "upgrade" to a tight Cat 4. I rather just have the one bed and more room to move around.

On the Liberty (which is the twin to the Freedom), I was in cabin 1426 which is right around the corner from the aft elevators. It was heaven and a very nice Cat 1A to spend 8 night in. I plan to book the Freedom and will look for a cabin in a similar location.

The newest ships no longer have the two Cat 1A cabins with the 2 picture windows. These cabins have now been fitted with balconies and they are now sold as Cat 6. I stayed in one of those on the Destiny and this too was a very nice cabin to occupy for a week.

Well the 1A's are going to feel larger becuase there is only 1 bed on the ground.

Thoth December 16th, 2008 12:39 AM

No matter how small the cabins are it IS for only a week. My first cruise was darn near a closet with a couch that folded out into a bed, but I had the time of my life. For me at least, a room is a place to sleep, a place to shower, a bathroom, and a place to secure my luggage. 8)

IBCRUZIN' December 16th, 2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'

Well the 1A's are going to feel larger becuase there is only 1 bed on the ground.

You are right. That is why I don't do guarantees anymore. I want a 1A. Every 1A I have stayed in would be perfect for siblings, platonic friends, etc. I have not yet seen one that I thought would be "tight" for two adults.