Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:10 AM
Passenger

Default Where can I rent a moped/scooter on next weeks cruise??

Hello everyone,

I am bringing along my father on my cruise next week and he is very excited to rent a moped for the day on one of our stops.

I have done this a few times before whenever I see a local renting for cheap, however, this time I'd like to somewhat plan which day we can do it, so he's not disappointed.

Our stops are:
St. Thomas, Dominica, Saint Lucia, Antigua, and St. Kitts. (we are already booked on the barbados day).

Has anyone been to these islands recently and seen a moped rental area? Or do any of you know which island would be the nicest to take a drive on?

Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:43 AM
Admiral

I haven't been to the islands, however me and the internet are best friends. http://www.vinow.com/wwwtalk/read.php?4,1873
Quote:
There is a relatively new motor scooter rental place across from Havensight (where the cruise ships come in). The manager has been quoted as saying you have to have experience driving one for him to rent, however I have seen tourists driving up sidewalks and careening down streets, so I guess that rule might not get followed. Do you have good health insurance that includes "Life Flight" to Puerto Rico? There is no neurosurgeon on island and that is where they would send you...

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994