CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Comedians onboard Carnival?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/359438-comedians-onboard-carnival.html)

upsman1986 December 25th, 2008 10:47 AM

Comedians onboard Carnival??

Who's out there now, and has anyone big performed? How many have gone from cruise ship comedian to big time star??

lhp December 26th, 2008 10:14 AM

Re: Comedians onboard Carnival??

Quote:

Originally Posted by upsman1986
Who's out there now, and has anyone big performed? How many have gone from cruise ship comedian to big time star??

We saw Jeff Dunham on a Carnival Cruise Ship YEARS ago.

Back then he only had Walter and Walter's wife. He was great.
Walter and Walter's wife sang a duet....complete with harmony!

Currently we like Fat Kat. He is a hoot!!

Snoozeman December 26th, 2008 11:30 AM

Marc Rubben is on the Conquest. (Similar act to Jeff Dunham) I like his act, especially the 'honeymooner' bit.

briguy December 26th, 2008 12:40 PM

Wayne Brady used to do standup on cruise ships. Now he is known everywhere...

ShotoJuku December 26th, 2008 02:07 PM

Percy Cruz II - hysterical on Inspiration!

speedman420 December 26th, 2008 02:29 PM

does anyone know who the comedian is on Liberty now?

Nothin but blue skies December 28th, 2008 09:15 PM

We caught a comedian named "Happy" on a couple of cruises and loved his act. If you ever get the chance to see him, don't miss it and be sure to sit up close to be able to see his facial expressions. They are amazing.

OceanAngel December 28th, 2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothin but blue skies
We caught a comedian named "Happy" on a couple of cruises and loved his act. If you ever get the chance to see him, don't miss it and be sure to sit up close to be able to see his facial expressions. They are amazing.

If your talking about Happy Cole he is Great, love those expressions! He has performed here in Tampa we went to see him there also!

Nothin but blue skies December 29th, 2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanAngel
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothin but blue skies

If your talking about Happy Cole he is Great, love those expressions! He has performed here in Tampa we went to see him there also!

That's him. I just couldn't remember the last name. I think he is one of the best we have seen on Carnival.

Dave'sGirl January 2nd, 2009 10:28 PM

The ones we saw just steal their material from bigger acts. Or the internet.

qdinile February 17th, 2009 02:49 PM

Name of comedian on Carnival Paradise 2/09/09

Does anyone know the name of the comedian who performed the first night of the cruise? Not the last night with the curly hair. The older guy, tall very funny...

My son in law and i cannot remember.

wildcrazyatver February 17th, 2009 05:29 PM

Happy Cole is inded very funny we got to see him last year on the Valor and hope to get him again next week when we sail on the Liberty
and i also agree his expressions is something to see
hahaahahaha im laughing just thinking about it lol

lhp February 17th, 2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedman420
does anyone know who the comedian is on Liberty now?

Phat Kat was just on the Liberty last week. He is a RIOT!!!

ScurvyDog February 17th, 2009 07:14 PM

Saw a guy named Kuki Moon on the Fantasy the other night. He is just getting started but the future looks bright for him. rofl rofl

Kuki February 17th, 2009 07:53 PM

Re: Name of comedian on Carnival Paradise 2/09/09

Quote:

Originally Posted by qdinile
Does anyone know the name of the comedian who performed the first night of the cruise? Not the last night with the curly hair. The older guy, tall very funny...

That would depend on what ship you were on LOL LOL

If it was the Fantasy, and since the description fits, it was Lewis Nixon.

qdinile February 17th, 2009 10:08 PM

Re: Name of comedian on Carnival Paradise 2/09/09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:

Originally Posted by qdinile

That would depend on what ship you were on LOL LOL

If it was the Fantasy, and since the description fits, it was Lewis Nixon.

Im sorry, the ship was the Paradise left Long beach on 2/9 with ports of call in Catalina and Ensenada

Caribbean Mike February 27th, 2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotoJuku
Percy Cruz II - hysterical on Inspiration!

Percy Cruz II was on the Destiny last week. He is funny boarding on raunchy.

Landlubber February 28th, 2009 12:49 AM

How often do they change? We did two Valor cruises a year apart and the same comic was on both cruises with the same act word for word. I don't remember his name because like his act it was very forgettable.

Caribbean Mike February 28th, 2009 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landlubber
How often do they change? We did two Valor cruises a year apart and the same comic was on both cruises with the same act word for word. I don't remember his name because like his act it was very forgettable.

Not sure how often they change, however, we did the Destiny in Oct and there were different comedians. In fact, we had a different CD and different lead singers in the dance troup and a different piano player in the piano bar.

FirstInLine March 9th, 2009 07:05 AM

On the Sensation -they had a female comedian -Diane Ford....very wry, but also very funny...I think she had been on Jay Leno and other shows. :D