Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Just a small complaint

Just so everyone knows, I love Carnival and have sailed quite a few times. I once tried another cruiseline and didn't like it as much. I have never had any issues with anything on any of our cruises either so I am not the type to complain about things but......

I normally have used a an online TA to do all of my bookings with no problems at all. In fact I have gotten some of my better upgrades using them. This time I decided to book our cruise thru Carnival. We are doing a family cruise witha total of 10 people. Many of them have never been ona cruise before so they left me doing the arrangements which I do not mind. During the booking process I had to get all of the birth dates of everyone sailing and give that info to Carnival. Well now our cruise is paid in full and as I was doing the FUNPASS for everyone I found out that everyone NOT a PAST GUEST did not have their DOB entered into the system. This means I have to go back and get all of that information again. While it's not a big deal, I just don't like having to do things twice.

Next time I will stick with my online TA.
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

We have had a number of comments about the Carnival online check-in system. It seems that as long as you know everything and enter everything correctly the first time then it is OK.

But if you have a problem and have to stop the process then it can be pretty complicated to pick up where you left off.

As I recall, one problem is that it times out your "session" if you walk away from it. But I also think I recall it is pretty good at putting you back where you belong if you come back later and log in again. (I could be wrong, I don't do it that often).

I feel your pain though. Managing 10 bookings is a real handful.
Old December 30th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Paul, actually I was not clear on my "rant". I called Carnival to do the booking and gave the information requested over the phone to the agent. For some reason the information either did not get entered or was erased. Just a small pain to call everyone up again and get the dates. Of cousr worse things could happen so I will live. Can't wait for the cruise.
Old December 30th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Admiral

We always just use the Carnival PVPs. I have never had a problem with them. We had great luck and we got a guy that was awesome, but he got promoted. Then he transferred us over to someone else and she has bone a great job.

You might just have not one of the best PVP's because I have done fun pass checkin for 15 people and I didn't have one problem.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009