CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Dock in Cozumel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/360005-carnival-dock-cozumel.html)

CajunCruiser January 8th, 2009 04:57 PM

Carnival Dock in Cozumel

I heard the new pier (Carnival Owned) is up & running in Cozumel, does anyone know the name of the pier and if there is any web cam set up there, and how far it is to the main Punta Langusta? sp? near Carlos & Carlies?

Thanks!

Sink0rswim January 8th, 2009 06:23 PM

Yes the new pier is open.I dont remember seeing Carlos and Charlies, but Three amigos,Ron Jon Surf shop and tons of other shops there, theres also a little tiki hut type bar right out side the pier. I dont know how to post a picture or I would, I have some good shots of the pier and shops.

arrowhead55 January 8th, 2009 06:35 PM

It is where the pier was that washed away in the storm. It is about 5-7 minute taxi ride into Carlos and Charlie's. I guess you could walk but it would be a long one. $7 for a taxi full to down town.

CajunCruiser January 9th, 2009 09:55 AM

Thanks! does anyone know if there is any webcam there like there is for the other pier when you go to cozumel insider dot com to view the ships in port?

Does carnival now use their own dock exclusively or do they still rotate to the other one?

misguidedangel January 12th, 2009 02:40 PM

I think I can answer this quite clearly as I was just there on Friday.....

The pier is Peurta Maya and it is right beside RCI's International Pier. There is no web cam.

There are lots of shops and vendors around. There are three bars/restaurants although one of them is more a restaurant than anything. There is the Three Amigos to the right when you get out of the gates and then to the left and a slightly over is Fat Tuesday's. There is a restaurant all the way at the furthest end of the shopping village. Naturally, there is at least two Diamonds International......

There is a Del Sol, Ron Jon Dive Shop, Cinco Del Sole, Fiesta Mall, and many, many, many more shops. The closest Carols and Charlies or Margaritaville will be beside or two blocks down (Margaritaville) from Punta Langosta. The Costa Fortuna and NOrwegian Spirit were docked at that pier, we (Valor) docked with the Conquest (which arrived at 10am), and the Westerdam was next to the Freedom of the Seas at the International pier.

CajunCruiser January 12th, 2009 03:33 PM

Thanks....we've been lucky in the past to always dock at the one where Carlos & Charlies is....parents are going in a few weeks and was wondering where they'd dock.....guess that's the only one they will use now.

lhp January 13th, 2009 03:59 PM

Puerto Maya is up and running. We were just there Saturday Jan 3rd.

As Misguided said...it has just about everything it used to have.

The port that ends at Carlos N Charlies is Punta Langosta. That is a $7 taxi ride (one way) for up to 4 people from Puerto Maya.

You can walk over to Senor Frogs 1/2 at the International Pier next door...so that is nice.

We actually docked at the International pier Wednesday (we did a Back to Back)....because the Legend and a Princess ship had Puerto Maya full.
That was our first time to dock at International and I thought it was ok.

Of course, my favorite is still Punta Langosta because you don't have to pay for a taxi downtown...although hubby and I WALKED IT on Wednesday. (3 miles)

CajunCruiser January 13th, 2009 05:23 PM

We've only docked at the Punta Langosta one where it's the 2 story shop area, Senor Frogs & Carlos/Charlies downstairs....so your saying there are 2 Senor Frogs?

I think I'd be good to walk the 3 miles there, but who'd carry me back to the boat after a few "ritas"...lol :wink:

lhp January 14th, 2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunCruiser
We've only docked at the Punta Langosta one where it's the 2 story shop area, Senor Frogs & Carlos/Charlies downstairs....so your saying there are 2 Senor Frogs?

I think I'd be good to walk the 3 miles there, but who'd carry me back to the boat after a few "ritas"...lol :wink:

Yes, there are two Senor Frogs...

Actually the one at the International Pier is called Senor Frogs 1/2 ...
which I thought was cute!!

You know you are at Punta when you have to go up an escalator to get out of the dock area....