Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug
Default Anyone on Valor 1-25-09

Driving from Northeast PA to Miami with wife, her sister and sisters husband. My 2nd Carnival cruise (1st was Inspiration in August 08 ) 7th cruise overall. Cant wait to get out of this crummy snowy weather.
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Admiral

I know how you feel about the snowy weather. I live up here in CT. We leave on the 14th for our cruise. Hope the time goes by fast. Bob
Old January 16th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Passenger

Default Yes we are..........

........on the Valor on Jan 25. Getting anxious. Just picked out my clothes. had to get all the capris etc out. We cut WAAAAYYY back on clothes. Trying to actually have a relaxing cruise for a change. Same black dressy pants go with 3 different tops. My hubby is in shock that I can actually get everything for me in one suitcase. I'm shocked too. Never thought it would happen . Hes leaving the tux at home too.

Another monumental event for me is that I have NOT PURCHASED A SINGLE NEW THING for this cruise. I have a whole wardrobe of "cruise clothes" and still seem to buy new things every time. But not this time. Ta-Da!

Are you arriving early or the day of the cruise? We are getting to FLL the day before, renting a car, and dropping it at MIA the morning of the cruise. After cruise we are staying an extra day and doing same in reverse.

Happy sailing
Old January 17th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Captain

We are leaving Northeast PA Saturday morning and driving to Miami. We should be there sometime late Saturday night or very early Sunday morning. 1 week to go

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old January 18th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to NickiKaye

Me!! Leaving from pittsburgh, flying to Ft Lauderdale. Cannot wait to get away from all this snow!!!! Our first cruise, very excited. I am already all packed and ready haha. Bummed we are going to miss the superbowl did not realize it when we booked. GOOO STEELERS!!!!
Old January 18th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Passenger

NikiKaye...If you fly home on Sunday Feb 1 you should be home in time to see the Superbowl. It doesnt usually air until about 8:00pm eastern time.

We are staying over that night. Also in and out of FLL. I used Skymiles but still I didnt have to use near as many by going to FLL instead of MIA. Hotels are cheaper there too.

Maybe we will see ya on the ship. What category cabin did you get for your first cruise? This will be the one that you measure all other cruise by. This is our 11th and we still remember the first one best.

All packed huh? My things are all laying out but not packed yet. Still gotta do undies!!! We also are not taking as much formal wear. Hubby has a tux but not this time. I'm not even taking a dress this time either. Fancy pants and tops for me.

Hope you have a great time.
Old January 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Captain

We're already packed and ready to go. We're in a Cat. 4 cabin #1215 on Rivierra deck. Just printed luggage tags Fun Pass. Nikikaye you are going to have an awesome time and youll never want to vacation any other way. Hopefully we'll see you all on board. GO Black and Gold, Go STEELERS.

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09