CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   What NOT to bring? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/360170-what-not-bring.html)

Fabrizzi January 12th, 2009 01:40 PM

What NOT to bring?

I keep seeing the same old question on all the boards and thought we could have some fun and edumicate the newbies on what NOT to bring on your cruise.

* 10 ft extension cord (2 of them)
* Bunggy cord (with an inside cabin)
* 4 pair of dress shoes (ladies) I only brought 3
* 8 pair of shorts (only used 2)
* Alarm clock (your on VACATION - NO clocks)
* Compact tool set (pliers, cutters, drivers) Don't ask why...I dunno
* Compact umbrella (possibley for the rain forest?)

And on and on...some too embarasing to even mention.
We've learned our lessons and the two of us can almost travel with one suitcase. We learned the hard way.

Please help our fellow (first time) passengers to pack their bags.

Fab

Trip January 12th, 2009 01:51 PM

Don't bring your hibachi for balcony cook outs...you neighbors may try to jump over to yours and, well...the cruise lines frown on these sort of things.....<vbg>

katlady January 12th, 2009 02:05 PM

Trip I was so going to say that. LOL Okay don't bring candles, an iron, or Incense. Please don't light the ship on fire. :wink:

dina January 12th, 2009 02:29 PM

Don't bring food unless its for your baby. There's plenty off food on board.

Dave the Wave January 12th, 2009 02:51 PM

Don't bring your mother in law.

mouche January 12th, 2009 03:06 PM

rofl pretty good Dave!!!

Manuel January 12th, 2009 03:54 PM

don't bring a negative attitude.

TM

tbowman January 12th, 2009 06:23 PM

Cant bring the dog....I wish however, this will be one of the frist times in 10 years I have left him home. He is a 10 yr old Yorkshire Terrier named Wickett, was bought in Germany and has a tail, because in Germany they will not dock tails, as they belive its aniaml cruely. off tipic but I love my boy.

briguy January 12th, 2009 08:53 PM

Dont bring a Speedo... sorry Dave..

mosiegirl January 12th, 2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
Don't bring your mother in law.

I like the sounds of this "don't" ROFL !!!

dina January 13th, 2009 07:35 AM

Don't bring a months worth of clothes for a 5 day cruise.

asmith91303 January 13th, 2009 12:34 PM

For a caribbean cruise don't bring a sweatshirt or jeans. Where one on the plane, anymore are not necessary. It's the caribbean!

2Littletime January 13th, 2009 06:20 PM

Don't bring your stereo system!! Please....

A few cruises back we were waiting at embarkation and this young guy got in line behind us with his stereo on his shoulder and all I could think was "gosh, those poor people that will have to share a deck with him and that boom box".... Just my luck, we were the "poor people" that shared the deck with him. Good news though, by day 3 the boom box was at the purser's desk and we had mostly peace and quiet.

2Littletime January 13th, 2009 06:23 PM

ooops. I did think of another one...Don't bring life jackets for your toddlers, they really do supply them onboard. We thought that Carnival had upgraded the kids life jackets until the lady in front of us told us that she had brought her own with them even though they had to pay for an extra bag and her husband kept saying that they could buy them in Florida. I wish she'd been to cruisemates first I'm sure they would have brought far less stuff.

Aerogirl January 14th, 2009 02:41 PM

Your kids LOL

Pocono Pug January 14th, 2009 05:59 PM

what not to bring

your portable GPS system. I think the Captian knows where to go

Stormy January 15th, 2009 12:01 AM

dont accidently pack your passports or anything like that.. its alot of trouble if you do. trust me.

Dave the Wave January 15th, 2009 10:15 AM

Don't bring any books thinking you will read them.

CruiserEK January 15th, 2009 03:17 PM

Don't bring one or two cases (24 pack) of bottled water. I once saw a guy pushing two cases through the lines during embarkation.

RockChickX51 January 15th, 2009 03:42 PM

Don't bring ABSINTHE! We brought this with us on our first cruise in October 08 on the Inspiration, drank a whole lot of it then kept having "I wonder how much fun it would be to jump off the boat" thoughts.
NOT a good time. LoL

skymaster January 15th, 2009 09:03 PM

Don't bring Dave's Ex Wife! (At least that's what Dave told me.) :shock:

Ken
"SKY"

ragtiki2005 January 16th, 2009 12:58 AM

What is absinthe? Bob

BoozeBabe January 16th, 2009 11:17 AM

Dont bring perfume or cologne. I visit the perfume shop on board and "sample" the samples.

msblackjack January 16th, 2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster
Don't bring Dave's Ex Wife! (At least that's what Dave told me.) :shock:

Ken
"SKY"

rofl

dont' bring sail & sign cards from any other cruises; they will not get you into your room :oops:

katlady January 16th, 2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragtiki2005
What is absinthe? Bob

A great little green fairy made with worm wood. :D It is a type of alcohol made with worm wood, it's said the Absinthe will make you hallucinate. It is drank by putting a sugar cube on a special spoon over the alcohol and pouring cold water to melt the cube. It turns the Absinthe from a green color to a milky water. I like Absinthe best in a drink called a yellow parrot. For a while Absinthe was illegal to sell in California, however, it is now legal. We have a bottle at home.
http://sk1.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/67d06479d954d2f2

ragtiki2005 January 16th, 2009 01:05 PM

Thanks Kat! Sounds very potent! Bob

BoozeBabe January 17th, 2009 12:41 AM

Absinthe is what Van Gogh was drinking when he cut off his ear. I own liquor stores so I know a little about Absinthe. It was banned for years in the entire US. The current "recipe" has been changed from the original to fit US alcohol beverage standards. Personally, to me it tastes like the lumber aisle smells at Home Depot.. YUK!! And its not cheap.

ragtiki2005 January 17th, 2009 02:51 AM

Is it as bad as grain alcohol?

katlady January 17th, 2009 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragtiki2005
Is it as bad as grain alcohol?

No it's quite a bit different. Grain Alcohol or Everclear is strong 151 proof (75%) or 190 (95%) Alcohol. Absinthe is 45%-75% alcohol. It is an anise-flavored spirit derived from herbs. The distinctive herb in absinthe is grand wormwood (Artemesia absinthium),and the chemical name for the principle active ingredient in wormwood is thujone. The Thujone in the wormwood is thought to cause you to have a psychoactive experience, have heighten senses, and/or a mind bending experience.

However, since Absinthe has only low doses of Thujone there is some question about these effects. I have not had any of the above experiences with Absinthe it is a strong drink that makes you feel very relaxed and it is pricey per bottle (about $60).

Here is a good picture the glass in the back has been prepared with the ice cold water over the sugar cube see the milky color. The glass in the front is the color before the water. The spoon beside the glass is an Absinthe spoon. Wow I really sound like a drunk, we have a well stocked bar over here. LOL :wink:
http://epicurious.blogs.com/photos/u...t_louche_2.jpg

susierphillips January 17th, 2009 09:07 AM

The last thing I want is "heightened senses". I go on a ship to chill. LOL