Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel
Default I am confused--is the ship chartered or not?

I am trying to book the Glory for January 17, 2010. I can book it online, but when I went to the travel agent today they were told that the ship is chartered for that sailing and it is full. I asked if it is full then why are online booking still being taken for that sailing. I did a mock booking and it let me go all the way through until the it asked for payment!!!!

Therefore, please tell me if the ship is supposedly chartered (and according to Carnival has been for a while) how come I can still book it online and not through a travel agent?...

Ugh, and this is when I want to go and the ports I want to....I do not want to be sold a different date and ports I do not want to see....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Did you call Carnival to get the answer from the horses mouth?

You can check out this non commerical site, althought they do not have 2010 dates up yet, to see what group/groups, have chartered the ship.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 14th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Admiral

I show a Disc Golf Cruise 2010 on Glory on these dates. I don't want to put the website here (it's a commercial site). Is it possible they gave all the rooms to this group? I guess you could book if you wanted you could book through these people. How are you are Disc Golf? If you want the website shoot me a PM.

Here is the description:
January 17-24, 2010: 7-day cruise from Miami on Carnival's Glory with stops at Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk before returning to Miami.

Please join our hosts, Jay and Des Reading, Shawn Sinclair and Juliana Korver as they embark on this exotic adventure that includes a disc golf tournament on Half Moon Cay.

Singles are welcome. We can help you find you a roommate.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old January 15th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I called Carnival today and the PVP said it wasn't chartered and that it is wide open for booking still. She said it is possible that a large percentage of cabins were blocked off for a big group, so that golf thing sounds logical.

I do not know how two agents can get it wrong and then I call and it is right. I decided to go ahead and just book it with the PVP instead of getting the old reply at the TA's....Alas, the PVP sent me another person's itinerary...I'll have to call back and get them to send the right one....It's a year out, so I am not worrying....

All is well and I fear that nothing can go wrong by going that route in Janaury cuz hurricane season will be over....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....