Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to diazmayra
Default Have you been to Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay?

I was wondering if any one has been to Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay? What was your experience there like? Is it all inclusive? How was the food? How did you book this excursion, via Carnival or directly with the resort? How do I contact them? Please share, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2009, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I cut and pasted this for you, from another thread from Nurseypoo.....

trust me on this

We just got back, and for the second time went to SUNSET BEACH..its a few dollars by taxi, and you can see the ship from the resort. Its GORGEOUS. they just totally redid the whole thing! I was soooo impressed. We went last year while they were doing the makeover and wow what a great job they did! It was 60.00 for adults and 40 for kids which is about 40.00 or so cheaper then sandals....which is a 45 minute or so drive. The drinks were great, they gave me extra shots in my drinks when i asked and the beach was gorgeous...lots of paddle boats, canoes snorkling etc all free. They have a great little water park with a couple of very cool and very big slides and a lazy river along with 3 other pools and several hot tubs and swim up bars. I can NOT tell you enough great things about it. My husband wants to do a 4 day trip just to this resort next year and i'm thinking im game it was really that nice.

if you want a relaxing beach day and a great pool then this is it, good food and great drinks.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 21st, 2009, 09:18 AM
First Mate

We actually went there a couple of years ago, during the renovation. We had no plans of where to go and so I asked at the information booth inside the duty free area at Mo Bay. They have good information on several excursions. I believe we paid close to 70-80 dollars each. The whole day was just as described in the previous post. The food was wonderful at the buffet. There was also a grill that featured jerk chicken that was great. There is a nude beach on the property if you wish. The place was very safe and clean. The pool area is awesome. If you have kids or teens in you party they will love the waterpark/pool.
My only word of caution is that there were a few employees who "asked" for money.
Old January 21st, 2009, 06:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were there in Feb 2007. We absolutely loved it. Everyone in our group of 8 agreed it was the best day of our cruise. We just took a cab from the port area and paid when we got there. I had checked out their website and had emailed them prior to our trip to verify the price. Next time we go back to MoBay we will definitely go back there !!
Old January 24th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Passenger

I agree with all the others. We went there twice on and not one problem. The food was great. The drink were great and we tried to tip the bartender and was told they cannot accept gratuities. They have a great water park. I would definately do it again.
Conquest Feb 2009
Old January 25th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to cruzaddict

We went in September 2007 - I agree with all of the compliments already listed just wanted to re-iterate that you don't need to pre-book this "excursion". Just ask your taxi driver to take you there and you pay upon registering for your day pass. We paid $40 each but it appears they've upped that to $60 now. Still worth the price in my opinion since it is all-inclusive.

I would not hesitate to spend another day there in the future.

Carnival Ecstasy 4-06, Carnival Conquest 9-07
Mariner OTS 9-08, Carnival Conquest 2-09
Carnival Conquest 9-09, Carnival Fantasy 1-10
Carnival Triumph 5-11, Mariner OTS 11-11