Hi Everyone -- this forum seems very helpful, so I am hopeful to get some solid answers!
I am taking my family (wife and 3 boys, 11,8,6) on our first cruise this April 19th. West Carib route. Questions may seem silly, but if you have any thoughts, we would love to hear them:
(1) pre-cruise Miami beach hotel -- need 2 nights pre-trip. Nothing fancy but on/close to the beach for family of 5.
(2) clothing -- can we get away with shorts/t-shirts at the 'seated' dining area? or is it khaki pants etc? are night-times on deck cool? do we need sweats?
(3) other then tipping & drinks -- what other on-board costs can we anticipate? I know about SPA .. what about fitness classes (or is it included)?
(4) any MUST do activities while on ship? or at any of the ports?
(5) can someone walk me through what a typical day on board might be for an 8 years old boy?
(6) Kids Club -- any ratings or input on this?
Sorry for all the questions -- appreciate any responses!
Cheers from cold Ottawa.