CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Freedom (Feb 22) (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/360719-carnival-freedom-feb-22-a.html)

tracyjayhawk January 27th, 2009 12:17 AM

Carnival Freedom (Feb 22)

We are going on our first cruise, also our honeymoon cruise and we are on the Carnival Freedom as advised by our TA. It is more our type of ship as she thought. We are in our mid 30's and love faced paced life and enjoy drinking, lauhging and dancing. We were given the room 6487 Starboard of deck 6 aft-s (not sure what all of that means) however we did get a larger balcony. Has anyone had experience on this ship or in this room or know anything about this deck? I am quite excited. I have read negative and positive comments however we like to form our own as we are pretty excited to get our of the 8 degree weather here in the midwest. My husband has NEVER seen the ocean and is very excited. Any comments or advice would be great! thanks in advance and HAPPY SAILING TO ALL!

~Tracy

cherylroy January 27th, 2009 12:22 AM

My last cruise was on the Freedom. You will have a grand time! She is a beautiful ship! And an aft balcony is wonderful!! Relax and enjoy and soak in the blue water and rays of sun! Remember a cruise is only as good as you make it. Go on with an open mind - do everything and get involved and you will have a blast! Give us a review when you get home and congratulations!

katlady January 27th, 2009 12:50 AM

Get seasickness medicine and take it before boarding the ship. This is a great ship you will have a wonderful time if you don't get seasick.

tracyjayhawk January 27th, 2009 12:53 AM

even though it is a huge ship? Is sea sickness less likely on a huge ship?

briguy January 27th, 2009 11:17 AM

Dont let anybody scare you into seasickness. It rarely happens and unless you are especially prone to motion discomfort then dont worry about it. People sometimes freak themselves out about it and think they will get sick but a majority of the time its fine. Large ships are built with stability in mind and as long as you have decent weather then all will be well.. enjoy and forget about the what ifs...

katlady January 27th, 2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briguy
Dont let anybody scare you into seasickness. It rarely happens and unless you are especially prone to motion discomfort then dont worry about it. People sometimes freak themselves out about it and think they will get sick but a majority of the time its fine. Large ships are built with stability in mind and as long as you have decent weather then all will be well.. enjoy and forget about the what ifs...

I never get seasick, I have been to Alaska (rough waters) and Crossed the altantic ocean. Never a problem. You and your hubby may not have a problem and I'm not trying to freak you out. However, it's your honeymoon better safe then sorry. Because I grow up in California near the ocean I knew I didn't get seasick before my first cruise. Your hubby to be has never seen the ocean that is why I'm putting in this warning. Does either of you get car sick driving on a twisty road? If so then I stand by my seasick pills an hour or so before you board.

Merr January 27th, 2009 01:34 PM

Congrats on getting married! I have been on two cruised, the first was smooth sailing and the second one we had one day that we hit a storm and high winds, some people got sick I didn't, but it is something that happens rarely to most people.....I am also going on the Freedom on Feb 8th 2009, I will let you know how I like it, I have had nothing but good reviews....good luck!

msblackjack January 27th, 2009 01:41 PM

congrats!
we are sailing right along with you; just a different ship; we will be on the Valor; leaving Feb 22 from Miami, but our ships are going to some of the same ports on the same day!

tracyjayhawk January 27th, 2009 11:41 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice...etc. I am even more pumped now than ever!! I will report back. Happy Sails
Tracy~

GaryI January 28th, 2009 09:00 AM

Tracy;
We had 6454 on the Glory (same class) and we loved the aft balcony. In the evenings you can sit out there and it is beautiful. You are protected from the wind. The only drawback is if you go to sleep early you might have difficulty with the kareoke bar right below you. I guess since you are on your honeymoon it won't be a problem LOL .
Congats, and enjoy.
Gary I.

tom-n-cheryl February 7th, 2009 10:27 AM

Re: Carnival Freedom (Feb 22)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyjayhawk
We are going on our first cruise, also our honeymoon cruise and we are on the Carnival Freedom as advised by our TA. It is more our type of ship as she thought. We are in our mid 30's and love faced paced life and enjoy drinking, lauhging and dancing. We were given the room 6487 Starboard of deck 6 aft-s (not sure what all of that means) however we did get a larger balcony. Has anyone had experience on this ship or in this room or know anything about this deck? I am quite excited. I have read negative and positive comments however we like to form our own as we are pretty excited to get our of the 8 degree weather here in the midwest. My husband has NEVER seen the ocean and is very excited. Any comments or advice would be great! thanks in advance and HAPPY SAILING TO ALL!

~Tracy

Tracy - I received your email, and replied last weekend. Not sure if you got it. I could not find your user-name on CC... here is the roll call I was referring to (DO meet up with these great folks - especially Don -DGP1111):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=533857

:)

Tom

tracyjayhawk February 8th, 2009 03:10 PM

Tom
Hello! Yes I did see your reply. I was not able to reply back until today. Just got back from a trip and did not have interne access. Thank you for the information. I appreciate it. I will definatley check in to this.

Happy Cruising!
~Tracy

13 days until the Carnival Freedom!

oldguy1960 February 10th, 2009 07:54 PM

Room 6487

My wife and I are going on our 1st cruise on Apr 19, same room -6487 - take lots of pics :-))))
Hope you enjoy and congrats.

tracyjayhawk February 10th, 2009 10:14 PM

Holy cow! That is pretty cool. I will take lots of pics of the room and the boat. only eleven days!!!!!

tracyjayhawk March 9th, 2009 12:47 AM

Hey old guy!
We went and now we are back! I have tons of pics that I can send you. THe room was the best ever!!! Email me your email address and I will send you pics!

Ocean Breeze May 2nd, 2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyjayhawk (Post 1198393)
Hey old guy!
We went and now we are back! I have tons of pics that I can send you. THe room was the best ever!!! Email me your email address and I will send you pics!

Hi Tracy,

We've just booked this cabin for a January cruise. Did you find it noisy? Would you please post some of the photos, especially of the balcony?

Thanks!

HawkeyeFLA May 2nd, 2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyjayhawk (Post 1198393)
Hey old guy!

Any thoughts on the ship itself? Freedom is one of the several ships I am considering for a November cruise and would love to hear(read?) what you have to say. Were you on a 6n or 8n sailing?

Fern May 2nd, 2011 08:47 PM

Umm..., with only 18 post's over two years ago, I doubt the OP is still around here :(.

I'd suggest you post a new question for fresh answers :D !