Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to RockChickX51
Default Questions about the Liberty

Alright well we've booked our cruise for the Liberty on May 16 - western carib.
Have a couple questions.

1) Is the lido buffet (Emile's) open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? The only cruise I've ever been on was on the Inspiration and the buffet was open for all three meals. Someone told me Liberty only offers pizza as an alternative to dinner in the dining room. (Pizza is still 24-hours right?)

2) The conservatory? Is it like a real actual conservatory or just a room called the conservatory?

3) Do all rooms have blow dryers? A friend of ours is going with us and getting an interior room, we're getting a balcony. Didn't know if we should pack one or not

4) Is there putt putt golf on the boat? I've heard both yes and no.

5) I know this boat is a LOT bigger than the Inspiration, but is it crowded? The only times I've ever saw "crowds" on the Inspiration was during peak buffet times and sea days at the pool. All other times you couldn't even tell there were 2,000+ people on the boat

If I think of anything else I'll ask......but these are all that come to mind right now

Carnival Liberty - May 2009
Carnival Inspiration - October 2008
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Admiral

1. Yes the buffet is open for all three meals. Pizza is still 24 hours. They do offer other food for dinner other than pizza. They will have a kind of meat, pasta, veggies, dessert, etc.

2. I am pretty sure there is no conservatory,

3. Yes there is a blow dryer in every room. If you have really thick hair you might want to bring your own blow dryer but if you have thinner hair than the one in the room is fine. You have to hold down the button so people say to bring a broccoli rubber band to put over the button so you don't have to hold it down.

4. Yes there is a mini golf course.

5. I was on the Freedom (sister ship to the Liberty) during Flordia's spring break. It seemed a little crowded but not overly crowded. There was a lot of people on the ship but there was more than enough room for everyone. The lido deck buffet always had open seats, there was always pool chairs available, and the theater was never crowded. So I wouldn't worry about it.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009