CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   purchasing bottles of alcohol on board (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/360795-purchasing-bottles-alcohol-board.html)

dld January 28th, 2009 04:50 PM

purchasing bottles of alcohol on board

I thought I saw a way to pre-order bottles of alcohol for your cabin but cannot seem to find it now. The prices were not duty free. Anyone know if that can be done and if so how? Thanks.

patio daddy-o January 28th, 2009 05:10 PM

Re: purchasing bottles of alcohol on board

Quote:

Originally Posted by dld
I thought I saw a way to pre-order bottles of alcohol for your cabin but cannot seem to find it now. The prices were not duty free. Anyone know if that can be done and if so how? Thanks.

Call the Bon Voyage dept. Ask for Vivian. And this is just me but thanks for not smuggling.

rsumrow79 January 29th, 2009 11:17 AM

As was stated you can call the Bon Voyage Department. But be warned they charge quite a bit more than they should. In the past I normally just pack a bottle of Crown and Captain Morgans in my luggage. I know, I know its smuggling, but its just for drinks in my room. I still run up quite a bill. Enjoy your trip.

Randy And Heather

Galveston January 29th, 2009 11:50 AM

Smuggle away...make sure to spread it out between all your checked luggage.

katlady January 29th, 2009 12:55 PM

The website doesn't have this information, you can only pre order bottles by calling the Bon Voyage Department 1-800-522-7648 Monday - Friday
9:00am - 5:30pm, Eastern Time. Have your Booking number, cruise dates, and cabin number at the time of calling. Bottle are between $40 to $60 a piece. However, they are at your cabin when you arrive and no worries about broken bottles in checked bags or over limit airlines charges. :D

ragtiki2005 January 30th, 2009 02:19 AM

Wow, that is pricey! Bob

dina January 30th, 2009 08:27 AM

I've never purchased one. I always fly so I'd have to give it away or pour it out when I get off the ship. It seemed like a waste in my case.

briguy January 30th, 2009 10:20 AM

If you are flying dont buy the booze until you get to your port city. This works best if you fly in the day before. You need to find a liquor store nearby and pack it in your checked luggage. If you pack it before you get on the plane you risk breakage and of course the dreaded 50lb limit. I am finding as I get older I dont drink most of the booze I smuggle anyway. Makes me wonder why I do it.

darmstader January 31st, 2009 02:08 PM

Re: purchasing bottles of alcohol on board

Quote:

Originally Posted by dld

I have NEVER had any problem putting liquor in my luggage. First off, you are technically allowed a bottle of wine per person. If you take 2 bags each, put 1 bottle in each case. That gives you 4 bottles of wine to bring on. As for hard liquor, I jus pour it into water bottles. 6 water bottles give you a giant 1.5 litre bottle or 96 0unces (6 x 16 oz). Put 3 bottles into each case and that gives you 192 ounces of hard liquor and 4 bottles of wine, that should be plenty for 1 week. If you need more, when you are in port, buy a few water bottles, emty hem and just put in your purse or pant pocket when coming aboard!