Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Passenger

Default Carnival Balcony or Suite Amenities

So I did my first cruise ever on the Carnival Inspiration back in December and I it was line doing drugs, I can't wait for my next cruise "hit"

I'm looking at my vaction savings account and I'm pleasently suprised that I may be able to spluge for something a little more luxurious than an oceanview stateroom when I schedule another cruise this year.

The Carnival website doesn't offer much info on what additional amenities it provides in its balcony or suite staterooms other than space. I found my oceanview to be perfectly cozy and comfortable on on the Inspiration, so more space doesn't really thrill me. But if it offers other perks I might consider upgrading. Can anyone provide more info?

Looking at maybe doing a 7 day Carribean or an Alaskan cruise if that makes any difference.
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Captain

Balcony rooms offer no other perks than oceanview. Room sizes are the same except you get a 40 square foot balcony with it. Everything in the room will be the same. If you want a suite then thats something different. Try the balcony, you will never settle for less after that...
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old January 30th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

There are more details that others can provide, but here is a quick run down of the Carnival Conquest ship cabin descriptions:

Oceanview: Bring the vastness of the sea up close with an oceanview stateroom, and let the sunshine in. From sunrise to sunset, you'll be drawn to the view from your very own window. Many ships include panoramic picture windows, while some offer more economical portholes. Many consider this the only way to cruise.

Balcony: Balcony accommodations allow you to experience panoramic vistas right from the privacy of your own stateroom. Caribbean beaches, Alaskan glaciers, and European villages seem almost close enough to touch. Enjoy sunset dinners for two, then fall asleep to the soothing sounds of the open sea. OV and BAL cabins on these ships are identical with the exception of the balcony. Bathrooms are the same size etc.

Suites: Suites are premium accommodations usually located in prime areas of the ship. Special suite-only amenities vary from ship to ship and may include in-room dining, butler service, robes, personalized stationary, minibar, and complimentary laundry and dry cleaning. Suites include a private balcony. They also have larger balconies, larger bathrooms with tubs, walk-in closets (usually), etc.

I know Balcony cabins have robes also, but I am not sure about OV rooms. Maybe this helps.

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas 12/4/2009 Bahamas
Carnival Valor 3/9/2008 Eastern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas 6/24/2006 Western Mediterranean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas 5/29/2006
Carnival Conquest 6/20/2004 Western Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas 12/20/2002 Bahamas
Old January 30th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Passenger

>>Special suite-only amenities vary from ship to ship and may include in-room dining, butler service, robes, personalized stationary, minibar, and complimentary laundry and dry cleaning.<<

That's the sort of stuff I'm curious about, especially if we're on a 7 day cruise. Is there anywhere I can go to check out the amenities for a particular ship? I tried the carnival website but found it less than enlightening.

Thanks!
Old January 30th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Admiral

TrinTrin - while the public areas of each chip and the layout may vary, the accomadations and cabin/suite amenities are pretty standard across the fleet.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old January 30th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Yeoman

We've stayed in an inside cabin on The Liberty and in a suite on the Legend. There are no real extra perks. You do get priority check-in with a suite. Our balcony was HUGE. The location of the suite is more ideal too.
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Old January 30th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Passenger

I have sailed in a suite on Carnival many times and the only additional perk you get for booking a suite is priority boarding. Some of the other lines offer much better perks for booking suites like the ones that someone else posted but I have never seen any of those on Carnival.
Old February 1st, 2009, 09:12 AM
Yeoman

Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Old February 6th, 2009, 05:19 PM
First Mate

The primary perk for suites on the Carnival Fascination was VIP checkin. We were literally the first guests on the ship.

The room was big and had a walk in closet, marble entry, and turned wood trim. The balcony is bigger than normal balconies because the room itself is bigger. Of course the older ships like Fascination only have balconies on their suites so that is why we decided to book a suite. The cabin steward was very accommodating and knew how to make you feel special. The shower does have a bath tub but the sides are high and a little tough for shorter people to step over. It had a mini fridge filled with mini-bar items that cost extra if you used them but the steward made room for the sodas we brought on board with us.

We had the opportunity to disembark with the first group but were in no hurry to leave the ship. Our steward said we could hang out in our cabin as long as we wanted where usually you have to be out so they can start cleaning for the next group.

No other amenities were provided for cat 11 suite occupants. I’m always treated well on a Carnival cruise so I have no complains.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination