Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2009, 07:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague
Default Shore Excursions booked and I'm packing!

Okay, we've booked the Mayan Ruins for Progreso. The bus ride is gonna be tough, but you only live once! I have friends traveling with me who have chosen to do the dolphin swim and ride in Cozumel. We will miss you guys at Juan's, but I'm sure you will have a good time because TC, Crazy Sis and Mimi will be there!

We are getting ready for an impromptu Super Bowl Party and packing all at the same time!

I printed out new docs and luggage tags! I lost my passport, so I'm traveling with my birth certificate and hoping I find it when I get home. I'll need it for Europe this summer.

I'll see all of you at the cemetery tour and onboard. You can find me next to the bar at all of the FREE cocktail parties!

See ya!
Melody
Old January 31st, 2009, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Well I got my husband to take down the luggage and he's just now going his cloths--- he's a jeans and tee shirt guy----- :o but at least he will wear other things too----I gave the ok---not to pack a suit-----starting this cruise off on the right foot.

Thinking I book whatever shore excurtion on board ???? but I'm leaning to a shorter bus ride to see the other ruins-----? in Progresso---- guess this means we can alway go back----said the same thing about New Orleans and here we go again----

Cheers
April
guess I should worry about packing too------?
Old January 31st, 2009, 08:32 PM
Admiral

I've officially started packing! I wouldn't DARE leave my DH to pack for himself. I can only imagine what he would pack. I've pulled his clothes out and I have most of mine pulled out. I won't put them into suitcases for a few more days.

WooHooooooo!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 31st, 2009, 09:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to T C Send a message via AIM to T C

I've been sorting clothes, beads, costumes, feather boas & masks etc. all day. I've come to the conclusion I will have to take 2 suitcases. But I'm getting ready!

I want to go to the ruins, but I also want to get the massage on the beach Beenie wrote about

I'm not real excited about 5 hours on a bus for an hour and half whirlwind tour of one of the most important Mayan ruins in the Yucatan. I took Carnival's tour of Tulum a few years ago, I thought that place was incredible, but hated how rushed we were to take it all in. I promised myself if I ever got the chance to do it again, it would be when I had an entire day to devote to it. I don't want to have the same remorse for the ruins at ChiChi-eatzee (don't even pretend I can spell it or pronounce it)

Most likely what to do at Progreso is going to be a last minute decision

6 days and counting!
TC

But why is the rum gone? ~ Capt. Jack Sparrow

also booked: 10/10/13 Carnival Victory B2B, 01/12/14 Carnival Sunshine
Old January 31st, 2009, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I'm packing this weekend too......tomorrow is my last day off of work before I fly out on Friday. I don't think there is any way I can do the pirate thing.........only one suitcase free on Air Tran!
Old January 31st, 2009, 10:11 PM
Admiral

"I don't think there is any way I can do the pirate thing........."

Lisa
Say it ain't so. Maybe you could just wear your pirate outfit on the plane.
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:23 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall

Oh scurvydog - that would not be funny! lol!!!! I would not make the flight at all!
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
I don't think there is any way I can do the pirate thing..
All it takes is a trip to Camp Carnival. They do the pirate faces for the kids all the time. I think they'd get a kick out of doing adults.

You don't have to pack anything.
Old February 1st, 2009, 02:33 AM
Admiral

Now Kuki - that just might be something I could do! I was hoping to do the whole outfit, but there is no way..........
Old February 1st, 2009, 03:32 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Now Kuki - that just might be something I could do! I was hoping to do the whole outfit, but there is no way..........
You'll find me up there. I figure for a small tip they'll even help me make a paper pirate hat.

That's sort of what I was hinting at all along. Figured everyone would come to cocktails looking like the kids do marching out of Camp Carnival

But if others are going to go farther... great!
Old February 1st, 2009, 05:15 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
You'll find me up there. I figure for a small tip they'll even help me make a paper pirate hat.

That's sort of what I was hinting at all along. Figured everyone would come to cocktails looking like the kids do marching out of Camp Carnival

But if others are going to go farther... great!
Sounds like we might put the Maitre D' into shock when this bunch hits the dining room.
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old February 1st, 2009, 10:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Lord, my DH never really gets into costumes and he went and bought a crazy pirate hat. ( this is really not like him)

Now I have to figure out how to get it in a suitcase At least we are driving so we don't have all the restrictions

Old February 1st, 2009, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Lord, my DH never really gets into costumes and he went and bought a crazy pirate hat. ( this is really not like him) Very Happy

Now that's getting into the "spirits" of the plan
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

UPS had BETTER deliver my pirate costumes today!!! I ordered them a week ago when I couldn't find anything at the local stores. The local stores only had female costumes that were short skirted things cut down to there. PUHLEASE, I didn't dress like that when I was a teen, what makes them think I'll do it today.

Melody
Old February 2nd, 2009, 08:06 PM
Admiral

Kuki, we went to the house of humor and I am all set. Carole keeps changing her mind regarding what kind of pirate she wants to be. All you really need an eye patch. and some type of head cover. We look forward to seeing you on the evening of the fifth. I am glad I don't have you packing problem. Two very different types of cruises back to back. I would be tempted to ship some clothes ahead for the second cruise. See you soon. M