Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2009, 06:08 PM
Familiar Face

Default Cheap Cruise website or Travel agent

I want to book a cruise in March on the fantasy and it has double since Early January. I wanted to know if anybody knows any good website or travel agencies that I could check out.
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2009, 09:38 PM
Admiral

I personally have success both with online and a local TA.

If I was use online I would probably try Vacations-To-Go.

http:\www.vactionstogo.com

then a local TA or one close to yours town/city.

Either way use an agent that has cruise experience & training (CLIA or equivalent)

All can sell but some have the experience of cruising .

Any agent should ask some important questions

1 - type of activities they do (very active or a coach potato type)

2- age group

3 - budget (very important)

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Captain

At most you will be able to find agents who will discount the rates you are seeing by giving up part of their commission folks say. Iv had good luck with Costco who discounts 10% of the cruise portion, but charges $50 pp if you need to cancel.

Rates sure have gone up since December, wave season or the season where folks start booking cruises is upon us and from what I read, bookings may even hit record levels because cruising is such a bargain. Not good for those of us looking for deals huh?? Iv been noticing the prices going up too!!!! Good luck.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

Ive found it more expensive to book with a TA, every time I've tried to book with a TA it was about $50 more pp. I've had tremendous success with Cruises.com. We've booked the last 2 with them and had great time both times

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old February 4th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

If you have noticed cruise fares going up lately it is probably because they dropped the fuel surcharge which added about $70 per person per day. Overall, fares have not gone up significantly if you include that, and if you add in incentives like free 3 & 4th passengers (or $99) plus upgrades and onboard credit they are actually cheaper.

The Caribbean is surprisingly strong right now, but this is the coldest winter in many years. Alaska is a bargain right now, but if we have a heat wave in April that could change.
Old February 4th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do both,

find the cheapest fare you can online and then take it to a TA that matches/beats the lowest price.
Old February 6th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Familiar Face

Default Thank you All

THANK YOU TO ALL

I just waited and waited but was able to book a oceanview for $1102 thru Carnvial. When I first started it was $955 then after waiting a couple of weeks it went as high as $1355 but luckly I booked it for $1102 now I just have wait for the cruise on March 12th